Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to logon to Web Server

How to logon to Web Server

Rubix

I had someone build me a web server using a Windows 2000 Server
platform with Active Directory and IIC 5. The server is behind a
firewall. I am currently on the road and I want to gain access to the
server from my laptop using a high speed connection. What do I need to
do to logon to my server?

Thanks!

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I had someone build me a web server using a Windows 2000 Server
> platform with Active Directory and IIC 5. The server is behind a
> firewall. I am currently on the road and I want to gain access to the
> server from my laptop using a high speed connection. What do I need to
> do to logon to my server?

Talk to whoever built the server for you.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

Rud

"Rubix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I had someone build me a web server using a Windows 2000 Server
> platform with Active Directory and IIC 5. The server is behind a
> firewall. I am currently on the road and I want to gain access to the
> server from my laptop using a high speed connection. What do I need to
> do to logon to my server?

You need to set up the server to accept remote connections either through
VPN or Direct connection where you dial into the modem of the server. Go to
My computer, Control Panel, Network and Dial-Up connections. Click Make New
Connections and use the wizard that it brings up. This needs to be done on
both PC's, on the server it needs to Accept Incoming Connections and on the
Laptop it needs Dial-up to private network or Connect to private network
through the internet depending on how you are going to connect from the
Laptop and accept from the server.