Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Saving to CD

Saving to CD

geopelia

I have windows ME and Outlook Express 5.
I can't find anything in the Help menu or Microsoft tutorials to find out
simply how to save a file to a CD

I seem to have Copier 2.1 and Nero-Burning Rom in my programs, would I use
these?

Could somebody please suggest where I should look and what I should click to
find out? It's probably somewhere in the computer. If so, I could print it
out.

Thank you. Geopelia

Ionizer

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XuzSb.28786$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have windows ME and Outlook Express 5.
> I can't find anything in the Help menu or Microsoft tutorials to find out
> simply how to save a file to a CD
>
> I seem to have Copier 2.1 and Nero-Burning Rom in my programs, would I use
> these?
>
> Could somebody please suggest where I should look and what I should click

> find out? It's probably somewhere in the computer. If so, I could print it
> out.

To save files to CD-R, use Nero. When you first launch Nero, a "Wizard"
will pop up asking what you want to do. First screen: you want to burn to
CD. Second screen: You want to "Compile a New CD." Third screen: You want
to compile a "DATA CD." Fourth screen: You want to "Create a new data CD."
The next, final Wizard screen will give you brief instructions about how to
drag and drop the file(s) you want to burn into the project compillation
window (the one on the left.)

I would recommend that before you burn the CD, you *temporarily* de-activate
your antivirus real-time scan feature.

HTH,
Ian.

trifling

What program would you use if you don't have Nero? Are the steps the same
if you want to save to a DVD?

"Ionizer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvehq1$rn712$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:XuzSb.28786$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have windows ME and Outlook Express 5.
> > I can't find anything in the Help menu or Microsoft tutorials to find

out
> > simply how to save a file to a CD
> >
> > I seem to have Copier 2.1 and Nero-Burning Rom in my programs, would I

use
> > these?
> >
> > Could somebody please suggest where I should look and what I should

click
> > find out? It's probably somewhere in the computer. If so, I could print

it
> > out.

> To save files to CD-R, use Nero. When you first launch Nero, a "Wizard"
> will pop up asking what you want to do. First screen: you want to burn to
> CD. Second screen: You want to "Compile a New CD." Third screen: You

want
> to compile a "DATA CD." Fourth screen: You want to "Create a new data

CD."
> The next, final Wizard screen will give you brief instructions about how

> drag and drop the file(s) you want to burn into the project compillation
> window (the one on the left.)
>
> I would recommend that before you burn the CD, you *temporarily*

de-activate
> your antivirus real-time scan feature.
>
> HTH,
> Ian.

Ionizer

"trifling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:klASb.36926$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What program would you use if you don't have Nero? Are the steps the same
> if you want to save to a DVD?

If you have a CD burner, it likely did come bundled with a version of Nero
or EasyCD Creator. If not, there are several freeware alternatives for
burning audio CDs. The freeware version of MusicMatch Jukebox will burn
audio or data CDs:
http://www.musicmatch.com/download/f...t&DID=&OEM=MMD (If
that link breaks try this one instead: http://tinyurl.com/6f33 ) I'm not
sure that MusicMatch works with blank DVDs, though.

The steps involved may vary from one piece of software to the next but the
key thing to keep in mind is the difference between data discs and audio
discs: Data CDs can hold any sort of file- pictures, software, mp3s,etc.
Audio CDs will hold 80 minutes of music which you can play in your home
audio or car CD player.

HTH,
Ian.

Sultan

geopelia wrote in news:XuzSb.28786$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have windows ME and Outlook Express 5.
> I can't find anything in the Help menu or Microsoft tutorials to find
> out simply how to save a file to a CD
>
> I seem to have Copier 2.1 and Nero-Burning Rom in my programs, would I
> use these?
>
> Could somebody please suggest where I should look and what I should
> click to find out? It's probably somewhere in the computer. If so, I
> could print it out.
>
> Thank you. Geopelia

Use Nero. You might want to practice with a cd-rw disk vs a cdr until you
feel comfortable, you'll save a buck or two and avoid contributing to the
rampant coaster population problem. Do us a favor and weigh the disk before
and after the burn and post results here. It will help with a scientific
survey on the weight of data in the digital universe.

Sultan

geopelia

"Sultan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9480BC77D7319sultanofcyberhotmail@209.25.1 57.130...
> geopelia wrote in news:XuzSb.28786$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I have windows ME and Outlook Express 5.
> > I can't find anything in the Help menu or Microsoft tutorials to find
> > out simply how to save a file to a CD
> >
> > I seem to have Copier 2.1 and Nero-Burning Rom in my programs, would I
> > use these?
> >
> > Could somebody please suggest where I should look and what I should
> > click to find out? It's probably somewhere in the computer. If so, I
> > could print it out.
> >
> > Thank you. Geopelia
> >

> Use Nero. You might want to practice with a cd-rw disk vs a cdr until you
> feel comfortable, you'll save a buck or two and avoid contributing to the
> rampant coaster population problem. Do us a favor and weigh the disk

before
> and after the burn and post results here. It will help with a scientific
> survey on the weight of data in the digital universe.
>
> Sultan

Thanks to all, looks like Nero so I'll give it a go. I've typed Hubby's
memoirs and printed them all out but I would like a CD as well, just in case
..

You are kidding about the weight Sultan, aren't you?

Geopelia

geopelia

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wqESb.29039$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Sultan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9480BC77D7319sultanofcyberhotmail@209.25.1 57.130...
> > geopelia wrote in news:XuzSb.28786$(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> > > I have windows ME and Outlook Express 5.
> > > I can't find anything in the Help menu or Microsoft tutorials to find
> > > out simply how to save a file to a CD
> > >
> > > I seem to have Copier 2.1 and Nero-Burning Rom in my programs, would I
> > > use these?
> > >
> > > Could somebody please suggest where I should look and what I should
> > > click to find out? It's probably somewhere in the computer. If so, I
> > > could print it out.
> > >
> > > Thank you. Geopelia

> > Use Nero. You might want to practice with a cd-rw disk vs a cdr until

you
> > feel comfortable, you'll save a buck or two and avoid contributing to

the
> > rampant coaster population problem. Do us a favor and weigh the disk

> before
> > and after the burn and post results here. It will help with a scientific
> > survey on the weight of data in the digital universe.
> >
> > Sultan

> > -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

> Thanks to all, looks like Nero so I'll give it a go. I've typed Hubby's
> memoirs and printed them all out but I would like a CD as well, just in

case
> .
>
> You are kidding about the weight Sultan, aren't you?
>
> Geopelia

I had a look at Nero in Programs, but it seems it isn't already in the
computer and I would have to buy it. It is very expensive and I don't know
if it would be worth getting as I don't copy music or anything, I just want
to save documents.
Maybe I should try floppy discs instead. I think I can just put them in the
slot, is this right? Would I need to buy a special program?

Thank you
Geopelia

Ionizer

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsr6Tb.30530$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks to all, looks like Nero so I'll give it a go. I've typed Hubby's
> > memoirs and printed them all out but I would like a CD as well, just in

> case
> > .
> >
> > You are kidding about the weight Sultan, aren't you?
> >
> > Geopelia
> >

> I had a look at Nero in Programs, but it seems it isn't already in the
> computer and I would have to buy it. It is very expensive and I don't know
> if it would be worth getting as I don't copy music or anything, I just

want
> to save documents.
> Maybe I should try floppy discs instead. I think I can just put them in

the
> slot, is this right? Would I need to buy a special program?
>
> Thank you
> Geopelia

If you have not actually installed Nero previously, it's quite possibly a
time-limited demo version you have sitting there. Since you don't burn CDs
often, or at all, the demo version may be all you need. (Nero generally
offers free demo versions of its software on their website, but there is
currently no demo version of Nero 6 available for download.) If you like,
you could install the freeware version of MusicMatch Jukebox which, among
other things, lets you burn data CDs:
http://www.musicmatch.com/download/f...t&DID=&OEM=MMD

Here's another idea, though: It's a text file you want to burn to disc.
Text files are generally pretty small. You could easily (because of its
small size) email that text file to a friend who already has burning
software installed, and ask them to burn it to CD-R for you.

And yes, Sultan was kidding.

Regards,
Ian.

Ionizer

"geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsr6Tb.30530$(E-Mail Removed)...

Another alternative: This freeware CD burning software was just recommended
in the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup: http://www.deepburner.com/

--
Ian.

geopelia

"Ionizer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvjjns$t77sg$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> "geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsr6Tb.30530$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Another alternative: This freeware CD burning software was just

recommended
> in the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup: http://www.deepburner.com/
>
> --
> Ian.

Thank you. I'll save your message and think about it.
Copier 2.1 seems to be in the programs, maybe that would work.

Your help is appreciated.
Geopelia

saving flash files from cache dir? Tom Firefox 4 01-07-2009 11:39 AM
EXCEL question saving a file saving the the first column as read only Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 0 01-06-2005 07:02 PM
Saving DataTable to session vs saving a Custom object. John Kandell ASP .Net 4 12-10-2004 05:08 AM
Saving passwords Moz 1.5 Lambo Firefox 4 12-08-2003 11:33 AM
Saving Images While Saving ASP Pages ! Lovely Angel For You ASP General 1 10-03-2003 12:03 AM

Advertisments