Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Partitioning

Partitioning

Rob

I would like to partition my single partitioned 40G drive on my tiny laptop
so that I can save work to one and OS to the other but would like to know
how to do this. I also use programs including Premiere and have been told
that this wil help me preview work more easily.

Is there a Freeware or Downloadable program that I can get to help me do
this?

Im running windows XP Home.

Cheers in advance for the help.

Harrison

Do me a favor.
Read your question, carefully, out loud, and see if it makes sense to
you.

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:33:20 -0000, "Rob"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like to partition my single partitioned 40G drive on my tiny laptop
>so that I can save work to one and OS to the other but would like to know
>how to do this. I also use programs including Premiere and have been told
>that this wil help me preview work more easily.
>
>Is there a Freeware or Downloadable program that I can get to help me do
>this?
>
>Im running windows XP Home.
>
>Cheers in advance for the help.

HamMan

news:bvebi7$rub$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would like to partition my single partitioned 40G drive on my tiny

laptop
> so that I can save work to one and OS to the other but would like to know
> how to do this. I also use programs including Premiere and have been told
> that this wil help me preview work more easily.
>
> Is there a Freeware or Downloadable program that I can get to help me do
> this?
>
> Im running windows XP Home.
>
> Cheers in advance for the help.

1. Partitioning WONT increase speed
2. you shouldnt video edit on a laptop
3.i doubt you could successfully reinstal windows without help
4. consult an IT professional, who will tell you to go back under your rock

Rob

IT MADE SENSE TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!!

YOU READ IT AGAIN!!!

<Harrison> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do me a favor.
> Read your question, carefully, out loud, and see if it makes sense to
> you.
>
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:33:20 -0000, "Rob"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I would like to partition my single partitioned 40G drive on my tiny

laptop
> >so that I can save work to one and OS to the other but would like to know
> >how to do this. I also use programs including Premiere and have been

told
> >that this wil help me preview work more easily.
> >
> >Is there a Freeware or Downloadable program that I can get to help me do
> >this?
> >
> >Im running windows XP Home.
> >
> >Cheers in advance for the help.

Rob

Editing video on a laptop is fine. Wat do u have against it!?! I have been
a graphic designer all my life and havent had problems before!!!!!!

Reinstal windows is a piece of **** with a reload
cd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Thats wat they are
for!!!!

And the only one that needs a ****ing rock is the knobs that havent got a
****ing clue about computers and come on here and chat **** on other peoples
genine questions!!!!!!!!!

DICK HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"HamMan" <matt**removeme**@hammedia.co.uk@deathtoallspammer s> wrote in
message news:bvegcq$rjm$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bvebi7$rub$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I would like to partition my single partitioned 40G drive on my tiny

> laptop
> > so that I can save work to one and OS to the other but would like to

know
> > how to do this. I also use programs including Premiere and have been

told
> > that this wil help me preview work more easily.
> >
> > Is there a Freeware or Downloadable program that I can get to help me do
> > this?
> >
> > Im running windows XP Home.
> >
> > Cheers in advance for the help.
> >

> 1. Partitioning WONT increase speed
> 2. you shouldnt video edit on a laptop
> 3.i doubt you could successfully reinstal windows without help
> 4. consult an IT professional, who will tell you to go back under your

rock

Paul - xxx

Rob posted ...

> I would like to partition my single partitioned 40G drive on my tiny
> laptop so that I can save work to one and OS to the other but would
> like to know how to do this. I also use programs including Premiere
> and have been told that this wil help me preview work more easily.
>
> Is there a Freeware or Downloadable program that I can get to help me
> do this?
>
> Im running windows XP Home.
>
> Cheers in advance for the help.

Dunno about freeware, but Partition Magic / Pro wil partition any hard drive
http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

--
Paul

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Rob wrote:

> Editing video on a laptop is fine. Wat do u have against it!?! I have been
> a graphic designer all my life and havent had problems before!!!!!!
>
> Reinstal windows is a piece of **** with a reload
> cd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Thats wat they are
> for!!!!
>
> And the only one that needs a ****ing rock is the knobs that havent got a
> ****ing clue about computers and come on here and chat **** on other peoples
> genine questions!!!!!!!!!
>
> DICK HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to take your meds.

<snip>

c.rowlands4

Rgr wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>
>> Editing video on a laptop is fine. Wat do u have against it!?! I
>> have been a graphic designer all my life and havent had problems
>> before!!!!!!
>>
>> Reinstal windows is a piece of **** with a reload
>> cd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Thats wat
>> they are for!!!!
>>
>> And the only one that needs a ****ing rock is the knobs that havent
>> got a ****ing clue about computers and come on here and chat **** on
>> other peoples genine questions!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> DICK HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Don't forget to take your meds.

I agree with your diagnosis. Which meds do you think would be best?

> <snip>

---

Application "partitioning" BobRoyAce ASP .Net 2 01-24-2005 09:24 PM
Re: partitioning Sartan Dragonbane MCSE 0 04-30-2004 05:29 AM
Re: partitioning Kendal Emery MCSE 2 04-29-2004 09:32 PM
Re: partitioning billyw MCSE 9 04-29-2004 08:29 PM
partitioning no one MCSE 0 04-29-2004 07:02 PM

Advertisments