Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how to stop programs from loading

how to stop programs from loading

Aljolyn

How do you stop programs from loading on startup. My lower right task bar is
full of programs when I boot up. I'm using wind xp.

Grant Guzda

Hello,
Go to start button click on run type in the command msconfig. This
program will have multiple tabs. Select the startup tab this will show
all startup programs you then can select the ones you do not want to
load at startup.

Aljolyn wrote:
> How do you stop programs from loading on startup. My lower right task bar is
> full of programs when I boot up. I'm using wind xp.

why?

On 30 Jan 2004 17:31:48 GMT, Aljolyn wrote:

> How do you stop programs from loading on startup. My lower right task bar is
>full of programs when I boot up. I'm using wind xp.

First 4 found from a search using www.google.com

http://www.theeldergeek.com/prevent_...at_startup.htm

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_starttrack.htm
This small GUI (Graphical User Interface) utility will check the Start
Menu and the System Registry for items that load at startup. It will
also check for Disabled Startup items and changes to the default "Shell"
value. Support for listing all running Processes and Services has been
added.

http://www.arstechnica.com/tweak/win...-tweaks-1.html

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/n1074208469
Hi! I have a question that maybe one of you savvy people can answer! I
have WAY too many programs starting up when I start my computer.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr...autoruns.shtml
This applet shows you what programs are configured to run during system
bootup or login. These programs include ones in your startup folder,
Run, RunOnce, and other Registry keys. You'll probably be surprised at
how many executables are launched automatically.

Me