Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Suggestions for software like a wall planner please!

Suggestions for software like a wall planner please!

Mike

Hi

A client has asked me to suggest and implement a bit of software that will
record who is working on what project and when. Sort of a Sasco year planner
or project manager.

This should be simple, and updateable by any employee, and either sit on a
part of the co. website or be in a standard file that can be accessed by
people. Ideally clear, bold and colourful!

What sort of thing might do this, please?

Thanks

Jenny Carter

why?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:18:21 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:

>Hi
>
>A client has asked me to suggest and implement a bit of software that will

Well if your resolving skills are as great as the domain name in your
email 'doesntmatter.com' which you do own? If it's not your domain, then
it's very nice of you to send the owners of that domain all the spam you
don't get.

>record who is working on what project and when. Sort of a Sasco year planner
>or project manager.
>
>This should be simple, and updateable by any employee, and either sit on a
>part of the co. website or be in a standard file that can be accessed by

<snip>

MS Project among several, not forgetting freeware.

>Thanks
>
>Jenny Carter

How do I get my commission from you for doing your job?

This one you can have for free www.google.com

Me

Mike

why? wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:18:21 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> A client has asked me to suggest and implement a bit of software
>> that will

> Well if your resolving skills are as great as the domain name in your
> email 'doesntmatter.com' which you do own? If it's not your domain,
> then it's very nice of you to send the owners of that domain all the
> spam you don't get.
>
>> record who is working on what project and when. Sort of a Sasco year
>> planner or project manager.
>>
>> This should be simple, and updateable by any employee, and either
>> sit on a part of the co. website or be in a standard file that can
>> be accessed by <snip>

> MS Project among several, not forgetting freeware.
>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jenny Carter
>>

> How do I get my commission from you for doing your job?
>
> This one you can have for free www.google.com
>
> Me

People like you create a lot of stress in the world for no real advantage.
How good does it REALLY make you feel?

Hold on to your little nugget of information then, sweetie. Someone else may
be having a better day and be able to help me.

why?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:38:53 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:

>why? wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:18:21 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> A client has asked me to suggest and implement a bit of software
>>> that will

>> Well if your resolving skills are as great as the domain name in your
>> email 'doesntmatter.com' which you do own? If it's not your domain,
>> then it's very nice of you to send the owners of that domain all the
>> spam you don't get.
>>
>>> record who is working on what project and when. Sort of a Sasco year
>>> planner or project manager.
>>>
>>> This should be simple, and updateable by any employee, and either
>>> sit on a part of the co. website or be in a standard file that can
>>> be accessed by <snip>

>> MS Project among several, not forgetting freeware.
>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jenny Carter
>>>

>> How do I get my commission from you for doing your job?
>>
>> This one you can have for free www.google.com
>>
>> Me

>People like you create a lot of stress in the world for no real advantage.

Maybe only because you have just realised how easy it is to find your
own answer.

>How good does it REALLY make you feel?

That's your problem if you don't like the suggestions.

>Hold on to your little nugget of information then, sweetie. Someone else may
>be having a better day and be able to help me.

My day is just fine, it's your problem.

So what do you want for free? After all clients are usually charged for
work and you seem not to be bothered doing it yourself.

Me

Mike

why? wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:38:53 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:
>
>> why? wrote:

>>> Well if your resolving skills are as great as the domain name in
>>> your email 'doesntmatter.com' which you do own? If it's not your
>>> domain,
>>> then it's very nice of you to send the owners of that domain all the
>>> spam you don't get.

>>> MS Project among several, not forgetting freeware.

>>> How do I get my commission from you for doing your job?
>>>
>>> This one you can have for free www.google.com
>>>
>>> Me

>> People like you create a lot of stress in the world for no real
>> advantage.

> Maybe only because you have just realised how easy it is to find your
> own answer.
>
>> How good does it REALLY make you feel?

> That's your problem if you don't like the suggestions.
>
>> Hold on to your little nugget of information then, sweetie. Someone
>> else may be having a better day and be able to help me.
>>

> My day is just fine, it's your problem.
>
> So what do you want for free? After all clients are usually charged
> for
> work and you seem not to be bothered doing it yourself.
>
> Me

Yes, of course, you're right on all counts. Thanks for your help.

Jenny

why?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:23:46 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:

>why? wrote:

As you are still posting with the 'doesntmatter.com' domain name it can
be assumed you own it and don't care about the spam hitting your
servers?

Otherwise you are an idiot, forcing the spam you don't get to hit the
servers of another site.

The registrant, may think otherwise regarding misuse of the domain name
they own.

Schreurs, Arjan (WN-D-93270337)
NO ORG NAME
Stadsbroek 14