Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OUTLOOK (2003) Question

OUTLOOK (2003) Question

Peter

When I open Outlook, I get a LDAP connection details screen.

Is there any way to get rid of this. It says NULL for server and user name,
and a port number.

This is a stand alone computer (with cable modem).

Thank you.

Peter

Harrison

Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> View/change existing Address Books or
Address Lists-> select the LDAP account and press the Delete button.

You, or someone else must have added the LDAP service by accident. It
is not needed for a standard POP3 setup.

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:22:04 GMT, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)
(hold the .spam)> wrote:

>When I open Outlook, I get a LDAP connection details screen.
>
>Is there any way to get rid of this. It says NULL for server and user name,
>and a port number.
>
>This is a stand alone computer (with cable modem).
>
>Thank you.
>
>Peter

Peter

Many thanks.

That leaves a MAPI book that I assume is OK.

Outlook was loaded when I installed Office 2003. Basically, I use Outlook
Express for email and may go back to it.

My PIM still Sidekick 98. If Microsoft ever finds away for Outlook to
import the CALENDAR file from Sidekick, I will probably switch to it.
Unfortunately, I have some 15 years going back and at least 10 going forward
in a tickler file on Sidekick and I don't want to give it up. (It is easy
to import the address book file).

If I can't find a real use for Outlook, I may just remove it.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

news:(E-Mail Removed)...