Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bloody conifers

Bloody conifers

Annette Kurten

I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9' and
growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off. (they are on my
east facing back where the sun should come up)
I am too slight to remove them myself.
Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they will be
mature trees.
My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the hedging as
a wind break

Bullet

Nice drink of battery acid

Brian H供

Annette Kurten said:

> I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9' and
> growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off. (they are on my
> east facing back where the sun should come up)
> I am too slight to remove them myself.
> Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they will be
> mature trees.
> My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
> That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the hedging as
> a wind break

Leave it alone, it will play a small but important role in fighting off the
greenhouse effect.

philo

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvcv3t$qe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9' and
> growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off. (they are on

my
> east facing back where the sun should come up)
> I am too slight to remove them myself.
> Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they will be
> mature trees.
> My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
> That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the hedging

as
> a wind break

If he does not cooperate about all you could do is hire someone to trim the
branches. You may trim anything that extends onto your property.
I am not a legal expert of course, so you may want to check your local
regulations first!

Sano

- "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)-vine.co.uk.invalid> - spluttered in
news:QcpSb.13701$(E-Mail Removed):

> Annette Kurten said:
>
>> I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9'
>> and growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off.
>> (they are on my east facing back where the sun should come up)
>> I am too slight to remove them myself.
>> Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they
>> will be mature trees.
>> My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
>> That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the
>> hedging as a wind break
>> Ta>>>

> Leave it alone, it will play a small but important role in fighting
> off the greenhouse effect.

As the back yard turns to mold? heh heh heh

--
* Would somebody
please poke holes in

ziggy

"Bullet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:y-

> Nice drink of battery acid

Then he'll have big brown crispy trees that will become unstable
after a while and have poisoned the ground for anything else. I
would persevere with the council, I'm pretty sure they are not
allowed to be over a certain height, I had two the previous people
had put in the garden and they were like triffids, they had to be
removed. Write to them again and in the top left corner write
'Without Prejudice' I generally find those two words on a letter of
complaint or suchlike can work miracles! Not worth keep lopping them
as they grow so fast. You have my sympathy.....

ziggy

Solo

Drive some copper nails into the trunks(quietly)

Regards Brian.

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvcv3t$qe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9' and
> growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off. (they are on

my
> east facing back where the sun should come up)
> I am too slight to remove them myself.
> Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they will be
> mature trees.
> My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
> That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the hedging

as
> a wind break

Bristo

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvcv3t$qe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9' and
> growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off. (they are on

my
> east facing back where the sun should come up)
> I am too slight to remove them myself.
> Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they will be
> mature trees.
> My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
> That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the hedging

as
> a wind break

Look at:
http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page4672.asp

nemo

Annette Kurten <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvcv3t$qe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a sod of a neighbor who will not trim his conifers (now 9' and
> growing fast) council not interested, cutting my light off. (they are on

my
> east facing back where the sun should come up)
> I am too slight to remove them myself.
> Anyone got any ideas or a poison before in a couple of years they will be
> mature trees.
> My back yard is only 20' long and it will be in total shadow soon.
> That smug bastard has a garden a mile long and is just using the hedging

as
> a wind break

Sodium Chlorate.

Strongest herbicide known to man, woman, cat, dog, mouse, ant, microbe,
politician or Council Officer - in order of intelligence!

Best to dissolve it and water it in when he's out. If he sees the powder on
the soil around the trees he'll realise what's happening and get you charged
with Criminal Damage. Trees do have quiet a large capital value.

Trouble is it poisons the ground for years afterwards - but I don't suppose
you're too bothered by that! )

There's also a law known as Ancient Lights but I think it's more to do with
a new building taking light away from an existing one.

Try going to a Citizens' Advice Bureau or Law Centre or the equivalents
where you are.

If the trees are overhanging your fence and you're in the UK, in law you're
perfectly entitled to cut the overhanging branches back to the boundary.

Hope this helps,

Nemo

PS: However slight you are, you could always hire a chainsaw. They're a bit
noisy though.

Trax

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:38:25 -0000, "Solo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Drive some copper nails into the trunks(quietly)

Agreed, and sprinkle copper sulfate around the base. Had a tree
removed from my place and they placed it around the stump. While it's
basically for stump removal, it can't be good for the tree and it will
give you a warm fuzzy as you spread it around

--
,,
( "> w

[OT] It's a fine bloody hot Christmas Day Pauline Johnson Computer Support 9 12-25-2003 09:44 PM
Bloody Trojans and their wooden horse!!! Frank Clement-Lorford Computer Support 4 09-03-2003 01:40 AM
Re: Bloody nerve Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD Computer Support 0 07-27-2003 02:04 AM
Re: Bloody nerve Shep Computer Support 2 07-27-2003 12:42 AM
Re: Don, please provide more information. but try not to put it all in the subject line cos it's bloody irritating. BTW read the groups FAQ Ted Kennedy Computer Support 0 06-23-2003 06:50 PM

Advertisments