Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sony Laptop - Line on the screen

Sony Laptop - Line on the screen

Treb

Hope someone can help. I just bought a laptop and have noticed one long
skinny vertical black line along the right side of the LCD display.

Does anyone know where I should begin to figure out the problem?

Thanks,

Treb

michael turner

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 02:51:41 +0000, Treb wrote:

> Hope someone can help. I just bought a laptop and have noticed one long
> skinny vertical black line along the right side of the LCD display.
>
> Does anyone know where I should begin to figure out the problem?

The screen itself has an internal fault. Not user repairable. As you just
bought it you should be able to get a refund/replacement/warranty-repair.

--
Michael Turner

Treb

"michael turner" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
message
newsan.2004.01.30.03.01.31.663000@RemoveThisBitT oReply.virgin.net...
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 02:51:41 +0000, Treb wrote:
>
> > Hope someone can help. I just bought a laptop and have noticed one long
> > skinny vertical black line along the right side of the LCD display.
> >
> > Does anyone know where I should begin to figure out the problem?

> The screen itself has an internal fault. Not user repairable. As you just
> bought it you should be able to get a refund/replacement/warranty-repair.
>
> --
> Michael Turner

Thanks