Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > reord radio

reord radio

hunty

i would like to record a internet radio station broadcast to my hardrive
i tried "sound recorder" but it only goes 60 seconds
i need about 1&1/2 hrs
i have windows xp

MrToad

"hunty" <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and shouted
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> i would like to record a internet radio station broadcast to my hardrive
> i tried "sound recorder" but it only goes 60 seconds
> i need about 1&1/2 hrs
> i have windows xp

IIRC, most 3rd party mp3 players will do this, [select the proper input
source].
Winamp,
Jet Audio,
MusicMatch, etc.

--
MrToad

Sheki_Sheki

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:19:47 -0600, "hunty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i would like to record a internet radio station broadcast to my hardrive
>i tried "sound recorder" but it only goes 60 seconds
>i need about 1&1/2 hrs
>i have windows xp
>Sound recorder can be made to record whatever length that will fit in memory.

Initially it appears that only 60 seconds are available but longer
recordings are possible by recording a blank minute and then saving it
as 1minblank.wav. Next click edit and then insert. Choose to insert
the just saved 1minblank.wav.Then continue to repeat that process
until you have saved a 10 minute blank. Then repeat the process using
the 10 minute blank until you have a file of 90 minutes. That will be
about 60MB. When you want to make a recording using the 90 minute
blank be sure to load it and save it with a new name,preserving the
original 90 blank.

Ron

anon@.xxx (Sheki_Sheki) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:19:47 -0600, "hunty"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >i would like to record a internet radio station broadcast to my hardrive
> >i tried "sound recorder" but it only goes 60 seconds
> >i need about 1&1/2 hrs
> >i have windows xp
> >Sound recorder can be made to record whatever length that will fit in memory.

> Initially it appears that only 60 seconds are available but longer
> recordings are possible by recording a blank minute and then saving it
> as 1minblank.wav. Next click edit and then insert. Choose to insert
> the just saved 1minblank.wav.Then continue to repeat that process
> until you have saved a 10 minute blank. Then repeat the process using
> the 10 minute blank until you have a file of 90 minutes. That will be
> about 60MB. When you want to make a recording using the 90 minute
> blank be sure to load it and save it with a new name,preserving the
> original 90 blank.

I've bought a software Super Mp3 Recorder which records as long as
your hard disc allows.

Ron

I recommend Super Mp3 Recorder at http://www.supermp3recorder.com. It's helpful.