Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I DELET this DAMN program TOTALLY!

How do I DELET this DAMN program TOTALLY!

Jim & Lil

hello ,

Thanks for reading this,
I am using windows XP

I have just spent 2 hrs on the phone on hold for technical support on
a software program ( ACCPAC Simply Accounting) and have given up.
I made one simple bad choice in the software program when I deleted
a window I didn't think I needed.....I can't figure out how to bring it back
so I figure I can start again by dumping the program and then rebooting and
re-installing....NOT!
It somehow saves my defaults for when I reloasd the same software. I
figure erase is erase.... how in hell do i ERASE a program so all defaults
in that program are forgotten about.......?

Have done a delete though the proper channels and even gone into Window
explorer to yank out any trailings of the damned software.....HELP!

°Mike°

Use the System Restore.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:27:24 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Jim & Lil scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Harrison

Lucky you. With Windows XP, you can use the system restore function to
return the computer to a prior state.
Assuming the program was recently installed, this should get your
registry back to where it was before you installed.
Start> Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.
Also make sure to delete the program's folder in case the settings are
retained there.

Even if the program has been installed for some time, you could use
system restore to get back to the way it was before you screwed it up.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:27:24 -0600, "Jim & Lil"
<jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> hello ,
>
> Thanks for reading this,
> I am using windows XP
>
> I have just spent 2 hrs on the phone on hold for technical support on
>a software program ( ACCPAC Simply Accounting) and have given up.
> I made one simple bad choice in the software program when I deleted
>a window I didn't think I needed.....I can't figure out how to bring it back
>so I figure I can start again by dumping the program and then rebooting and
>re-installing....NOT!
> It somehow saves my defaults for when I reloasd the same software. I
>figure erase is erase.... how in hell do i ERASE a program so all defaults
>in that program are forgotten about.......?
>
> Have done a delete though the proper channels and even gone into Window
>explorer to yank out any trailings of the damned software.....HELP!

Jim & Lil

All is well now........... Thank you both. I can now unload my Stainless
steel Ruger .44 mag and return it back to the safe...you must be proud to
have saved the life of a computer screen.... Seriously...thank-you...I
was really getting frustrated....things are okay now.....life is all good
again.......Warmest regards...Jim
<Harrison> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lucky you. With Windows XP, you can use the system restore function to
> return the computer to a prior state.
> Assuming the program was recently installed, this should get your
> registry back to where it was before you installed.
> Start> Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.
> Also make sure to delete the program's folder in case the settings are
> retained there.
>
> Even if the program has been installed for some time, you could use
> system restore to get back to the way it was before you screwed it up.
>
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:27:24 -0600, "Jim & Lil"
> <jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> > hello ,
> >
> > Thanks for reading this,
> > I am using windows XP
> >
> > I have just spent 2 hrs on the phone on hold for technical support

on
> >a software program ( ACCPAC Simply Accounting) and have given up.
> > I made one simple bad choice in the software program when I

deleted
> >a window I didn't think I needed.....I can't figure out how to bring it

back
> >so I figure I can start again by dumping the program and then rebooting

and
> >re-installing....NOT!
> > It somehow saves my defaults for when I reloasd the same software. I
> >figure erase is erase.... how in hell do i ERASE a program so all

defaults
> >in that program are forgotten about.......?
> >
> > Have done a delete though the proper channels and even gone into

Window
> >explorer to yank out any trailings of the damned software.....HELP!

Harrison

Glad to help save the lives of several hundred pixels.
..44 leaves a very big hole!

Here's a tip. If you're using that cannon for home security, and there
are other family members in the home, keep in mind that a sharp pencil
will pierce common drywall. A .44 handcannon would most likely go
through several walls, studs and all.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:01:12 -0600, "Jim & Lil"
<jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>All is well now........... Thank you both. I can now unload my Stainless
>steel Ruger .44 mag and return it back to the safe...you must be proud to
>have saved the life of a computer screen.... Seriously...thank-you...I
>was really getting frustrated....things are okay now.....life is all good
>again.......Warmest regards...Jim
><Harrison> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Lucky you. With Windows XP, you can use the system restore function to
>> return the computer to a prior state.
>> Assuming the program was recently installed, this should get your
>> registry back to where it was before you installed.
>> Start> Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.
>> Also make sure to delete the program's folder in case the settings are
>> retained there.
>>
>> Even if the program has been installed for some time, you could use
>> system restore to get back to the way it was before you screwed it up.
>>
>> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:27:24 -0600, "Jim & Lil"
>> <jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>
>> > hello ,
>> >
>> > Thanks for reading this,
>> > I am using windows XP
>> >
>> > I have just spent 2 hrs on the phone on hold for technical support

>on
>> >a software program ( ACCPAC Simply Accounting) and have given up.
>> > I made one simple bad choice in the software program when I

>deleted
>> >a window I didn't think I needed.....I can't figure out how to bring it

>back
>> >so I figure I can start again by dumping the program and then rebooting

>and
>> >re-installing....NOT!
>> > It somehow saves my defaults for when I reloasd the same software. I
>> >figure erase is erase.... how in hell do i ERASE a program so all

>defaults
>> >in that program are forgotten about.......?
>> >
>> > Have done a delete though the proper channels and even gone into

>Window
>> >explorer to yank out any trailings of the damned software.....HELP!

Treb

<Harrison> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Glad to help save the lives of several hundred pixels.
> .44 leaves a very big hole!
>
> Here's a tip. If you're using that cannon for home security, and there
> are other family members in the home, keep in mind that a sharp pencil
> will pierce common drywall. A .44 handcannon would most likely go
> through several walls, studs and all.

Might even get through to the neighbors houses as well. That's one serious
firearm to have in your house

Treb

Jim & Lil

No Problem guys....The damn box is in the basement and also have my own
acerage (ranch) so no problem with the neighbours. However...the computer
gets to live another day after your advice.

BTW ....Re-Booting the computer might take on a whole new meaning out
here...could be costly though, but damned
theraputic..........................ha ha ha....Thanks again for the help.
Jim

"Treb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> <Harrison> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Glad to help save the lives of several hundred pixels.
> > .44 leaves a very big hole!
> >
> > Here's a tip. If you're using that cannon for home security, and there
> > are other family members in the home, keep in mind that a sharp pencil
> > will pierce common drywall. A .44 handcannon would most likely go
> > through several walls, studs and all.

> Might even get through to the neighbors houses as well. That's one serious
> firearm to have in your house
>
> Treb

Container control managing list of LinkButtons, trouble with delet Mark ASP .Net 2 01-21-2009 08:05 AM
Re: how do i delet junk mail form my messeage Desk Rabbit Computer Support 3 10-05-2006 09:30 PM
damn loop John Smith Cisco 3 03-17-2005 05:13 AM
Why is my Mozilla so damn slow? Jukka Hellen Firefox 3 11-27-2003 04:10 AM
Can some fix this code? Delet table rows. Spanky Javascript 2 09-07-2003 07:40 PM

Advertisments