Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > pronunciation???

pronunciation???

°Mike°

What's your point?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:08:37 GMT, in
<FztSb.23583$(E-Mail Removed)>
nemo scrawled:

>Contrived names of products normally use long vowels, i.e. "Lie" I know a
>few computer buffs and they all insist it's as in "linen."
>

>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.paul.sladen.org/pronuncia...says-linux.wav
>>

>> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 01:18:11 GMT, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> claude nine scrawled:
>>

>> >Not too sure if this is the right polce for this, but how does one
>> >pronounce linux? Lie in lie, or lin as in linen?

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ

claude nine wrote:

> Not too sure if this is the right polce for this, but how does one
> pronounce linux? Lie in lie, or lin as in linen?

--as in "Linen", IIRC because that's how Mr. Torvalis pronounces his
first name.

BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
(BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

claude nine

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 01:18:11 GMT, claude nine
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Not too sure if this is the right polce for this, but how does one
>pronounce linux? Lie in lie, or lin as in linen?

Thanks to all for those good answers - and Mike - thanks for the audio

Dan Glybitz

<Harrison> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:18:34 GMT, "nemo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> <drivel snip>
> "****mronunciation was features in the"
>
> How are things going with that glass house of yours?

Obviously not a "Two Ronnies" fan then, eh?

DG.

--
"Society for the ****mronuncation of worms."

°Mike°

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:35:00 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
claude nine scrawled:

>On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 01:18:11 GMT, claude nine
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Not too sure if this is the right polce for this, but how does one
>>pronounce linux? Lie in lie, or lin as in linen?

>Thanks to all for those good answers - and Mike - thanks for the audio

You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance