Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sound output selective...

Sound output selective...

Tony Cianfaglione

Ever since I installed Cliprex DS DVD playing software, I've lost the
audio output on my mp3 players, cd player and everything else except
Cliprex. Cliprex comes with hidden junk you need to delete via Spybot but
works well without it. Cliprex also outputs clear video and audio through
my built-in sound card.

My mp3 players (WinAmp and C-4), my cd player and every other program that
output audio no longer outputs to the sound card. It's almost as if
Cliprex has hijacked the sound card and is keeping it for its own use
exclusively.

How do I get the use of my sound card back for all the other programs that
use it? Deleting Cliprex doesn't seem to restore the lost output even
though I reinstalled the drivers for the sound card and mp3 players.

Thanks...

°Mike°

What operating system?

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:03:31 -0400, in

<(E-Mail Removed)>
Tony Cianfaglione scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Tony Cianfaglione

Win98 on a P2.

-----------------------

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, °Mike° wrote:

> What operating system?

°Mike°

Control Panel / Multimedia. Check that the correct
devices are selected for output.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:25:42 -0400, in

--
Basic computer maintenance

Tony Cianfaglione

I selected every one - one at a time and applied them yet nothing worked.

Cliprex can still play fine both video and audio yet nothing else can use
the output.

---------------------------

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, °Mike° wrote:

> Control Panel / Multimedia. Check that the correct
> devices are selected for output.

Tony Cianfaglione

Okay, I selected SB16 and after several re-checks and re-applies, it
finally worked.

Thanks again.

> ---------------------------
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, °Mike° wrote:
>
> Control Panel / Multimedia. Check that the correct
> devices are selected for output.

°Mike°

How long ago since you installed this piece of junk?
If it's less than 5 days, you could try a registry restore.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:54:31 -0400, in

<(E-Mail Removed)>
Tony Cianfaglione scrawled:

>I selected every one - one at a time and applied them yet nothing worked.
>
>Cliprex can still play fine both video and audio yet nothing else can use
>the output.

>On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, °Mike° wrote:
>
>> Control Panel / Multimedia. Check that the correct
>> devices are selected for output.

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°