Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Error in Outlook

Error in Outlook

Liz

My pleasure. I hope your problem has been sorted.

"mickcant" wrote:
> Thank you very much Liz, and all
> will give it a good go.
> Mick Cant.
> "Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bSzSb.2652$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "mickcant" wrote:
> >
> > > the search came up with two files:
> > > SCANPST.EXE-0126BDCB,pf in: C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch
> > > Size: 15 KB Type: PF File
> > > SCANPST in: C:\Program Files\Common Files...
> > > Size: 312 KB Type: Application
> > >
> > > But when trying to use the Inbox Repair Tool,
> > > the top one comes up Windows cannot open

> > The top one is a prefetch file. The Prefetcher component
> > is part of the Memory Manager, and helps to shorten the amount
> > of time it takes to start Windows and programs.
> >
> > When a program is launched, Windows XP monitors the files that
> > are used, and by monitoring these files, XP can prefetch them.
> > So the next time the application is accessed, Windows prefetches
> > the necessary files to expedite the application's launch.
> >
> > By the way, the filename of the "Inbox Repair Tool" is
> > called "SCANPST.EXE".
> >
> > > and the bottom one, The fileC:\Program Files\Common Files\System\
> > > Map\1033\Scanpst.exe is in use by anouther application,
> > > close Microsoft Outlook and all other mail-enabled applications,
> > > and try again.

> > Make sure nothing is accessing your PST file before you
> > run scanpst.exe. Close Outlook, press Ctrl+Alt+ Delete to
> > open the Task Manager, look for any instances of Outlook.exe
> > and mapisp32.exe, click End Task on each one.
> >
> > Repairing your Outlook 2000
> > http://www.mikeshardware.com/howtos/...l#anchor293833
> >
> > After this, run Help> Detect and Repair from any Office application.
> > Perform a general Disk Maintenance, clear out the temp folders, run

> scandisk
> > and defrag. If you continue to have trouble with Outlook, try:

John Peter John Peter is offline
Junior Member

FYI..

This inbox repair utility has some limitations:

1. if the contents of file are damaged, Inbox Repair Tool would likely destroy what is left in the file. In this way, it causes serious data loss situations.
2. If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2002 or earlier versions, the Inbox Repair Tool might not work if your PST file has exceeded its 2 GB size limit. Thus, you should first check the file size and if the size if more than 2 GB, the repair operation can not complete.
3. If you can not open the original PST file before you run the Inbox Repair Tool, you can not backup the PST file which is must to recover additional information and missing items.

To handle such cases, you may use third party PST recovery software such as (pst-recovery-software) which scan and repair your corrupt pst file more effectively.

ostpstrepair ostpstrepair is offline
Junior Member

Easily Convert Offline Storage File in outlook was using OST Conversion software. Using Restore Offline Storage file in Outlook Tool you can recover and convert your OST files to Outlook PST very quickly and effortlessly. This application manager easily Convert Offline Storage File in Outlook. You can understand Offline Storage File in Outlook items on any Outlook edition. http://www.ostintopst.com/

Download :- http://www.mydls.org/systools-ost-recovery.exe