Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Saving pics as jpeg's

Saving pics as jpeg's

Graham Williams

Can anybody shed some light as to why my pc now saves all pictures from the
net in BMP format instead of JPEG, ... I have not altered anything to my
knowledge, it has always saved as JPEG, but switched to BMP in the last two
weeks, I cannot see why.

Any help would be greatful, Thanks

Graham Williams.

Steven Pilbeam

"Graham Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XrbSb.286$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anybody shed some light as to why my pc now saves all pictures

from the
> net in BMP format instead of JPEG, ... I have not altered anything to

my
> knowledge, it has always saved as JPEG, but switched to BMP in the

last two
> weeks, I cannot see why.
>
> Any help would be greatful, Thanks
>
> Graham Williams.

Richard

Graham Williams wrote:

> Can anybody shed some light as to why my pc now saves all pictures from
> the net in BMP format instead of JPEG, ... I have not altered anything
> to my knowledge, it has always saved as JPEG, but switched to BMP in the
> last two weeks, I cannot see why.

> Any help would be greatful, Thanks

> Graham Williams.

Mainly due to a downloaded program.
C:\windows\download program files.
Begin removing one program at a time to see which caused the problem.
You can always save it as a bmp then change it later.

°Mike°

Clear your cache.

Basic computer maintenance

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:31:31 -0000, in
<XrbSb.286$(E-Mail Removed)>
Graham Williams scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

°Mike°

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:10:52 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard scrawled:

> Graham Williams wrote:
>
> > Can anybody shed some light as to why my pc now saves all pictures from
> > the net in BMP format instead of JPEG, ... I have not altered anything
> > to my knowledge, it has always saved as JPEG, but switched to BMP in the
> > last two weeks, I cannot see why.

> > Any help would be greatful, Thanks

> > Graham Williams.

>Mainly due to a downloaded program.

No it's not, st00pid.

>C:\windows\download program files.
>Begin removing one program at a time to see which caused the problem.

More useless advice.

>You can always save it as a bmp then change it later.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Patrick

Graham Williams wrote:
> Can anybody shed some light as to why my pc now saves all pictures
> from the net in BMP format instead of JPEG, ... I have not altered
> anything to my knowledge, it has always saved as JPEG, but switched
> to BMP in the last two weeks, I cannot see why.
>
> Any help would be greatful, Thanks
>
> Graham Williams.

Twelth item down; "Why isn't the option to save as a .jpg available?"

-= Hawk =-

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:10:52 -0600, "Richard" <anonymous@127.000>
scribbled:

> Graham Williams wrote:
>
> > Can anybody shed some light as to why my pc now saves all pictures from
> > the net in BMP format instead of JPEG, ... I have not altered anything
> > to my knowledge, it has always saved as JPEG, but switched to BMP in the
> > last two weeks, I cannot see why.

> > Any help would be greatful, Thanks

> > Graham Williams.

>Mainly due to a downloaded program.
>C:\windows\download program files.
>Begin removing one program at a time to see which caused the problem.
>You can always save it as a bmp then change it later.

Bullis, you're a complete ****ing moron. Your advice
is not only 100% WRONG it's ludicrous. Kill yourself,
please.

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett