Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > blue screen errors

Reply
Thread Tools

blue screen errors

 
 
The Dude
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
Is there a setting that will 'freeze' the blue screen so that I can read
the error rather than the immediate reboot I am getting when the error
occurs?
Which setting is it?
Thanks.

--
The Dude-2004

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
Control Panel / System / Advanced / Startup and Recovery / Settings
Under 'System Failure', uncheck 'Automatically Restart'.


On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:13:07 -0000, in
<bvbev4$i98$(E-Mail Removed)>
The Dude scrawled:

>Is there a setting that will 'freeze' the blue screen so that I can read
>the error rather than the immediate reboot I am getting when the error
>occurs?
>Which setting is it?
>Thanks.


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
The Dude
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Control Panel / System / Advanced / Startup and Recovery / Settings
> Under 'System Failure', uncheck 'Automatically Restart'.


Of course,thanks,I sent this message 3 minutes before it did it again(bsod)
!! ;-(
I think it's a hardware problem,though Dev Mngr shows no alerts,at least
I'll be able to view the error log on the BS.
Thanks again.

--
The Dude-2004

 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:47:14 -0000, in
<bvbkfj$q8m$(E-Mail Removed)>
The Dude scrawled:

>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Control Panel / System / Advanced / Startup and Recovery / Settings
>> Under 'System Failure', uncheck 'Automatically Restart'.

>
>Of course,thanks,I sent this message 3 minutes before it did it again(bsod)
>!! ;-(
>I think it's a hardware problem,though Dev Mngr shows no alerts,at least
>I'll be able to view the error log on the BS.
>Thanks again.


You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
reid decker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-01-2004
Maybe you could hold down the pause break key.
"The Dude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvbev4$i98$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a setting that will 'freeze' the blue screen so that I can read
> the error rather than the immediate reboot I am getting when the error
> occurs?
> Which setting is it?
> Thanks.
>
> --
> The Dude-2004
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the fix all for my blue screen errors Tara Legale Computer Information 1 06-01-2007 08:45 AM
damn these blue screen errors! Tara Legale Computer Information 2 04-25-2007 11:21 PM
Blue Frog / Blue Security? Kyle :o\) Computer Support 11 04-26-2006 10:59 AM
XP Blue Screen Errors John Computer Information 4 04-14-2005 12:12 AM
DVD Verdict reviews: THE BLUE LAGOON AND RETURN TO THE BLUE LAGOON DOUBLE FEATURE and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 03-18-2005 09:14 AM



Advertisments