Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What is shtml?

What is shtml?

David A. Seiver

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:29:37 GMT, "whenindoubt"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Web Rookie here.
>What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html and
>why would one use shtml instead?
>TIA

S=Secure. It's a locked, secure web site, used mainly for entering
personal information.

why?

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:27:37 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:29:37 GMT, "whenindoubt"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Web Rookie here.
>>What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html and
>>why would one use shtml instead?
>>TIA
>>

>S=Secure. It's a locked, secure web site, used mainly for entering
>personal information.

Did you see any of the earlier correct replies?

Try these,
http://www.activewin.com/tips/progra...e_tips_9.shtml
http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=SHTML

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question226.htm
Pages tagged with shtml reveal that "Server Side Includes" are being
used on the server. Htm and Html pages are static. The file is lifted
off the server's disk and sent verbatim to the client. With SSI, a page
can contain tags indicating that another file should be inserted in
place of the tag in the existing page. So a page is lifted off the
server's disk and the server makes all the substitutions indicated.

Me

David A. Seiver

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:45:36 GMT, why?

>On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:27:37 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:29:37 GMT, "whenindoubt"
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Web Rookie here.
>>>What exactly is shtml? How is it different from good old regular html and
>>>why would one use shtml instead?
>>>TIA
>>>

>>S=Secure. It's a locked, secure web site, used mainly for entering
>>personal information.

>Did you see any of the earlier correct replies?

Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

"David A. Seiver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:45:36 GMT, why?
> <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
>

> >On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:27:37 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:

and

> >>S=Secure. It's a locked, secure web site, used mainly for entering
> >>personal information.

> >Did you see any of the earlier correct replies?
> >

> Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

Web Definition: SHTML - The filename extension enables the Web
server to differentiate those pages that need to be processed before they
are sent to the browser.

--Tina
--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com
20% Discount Code: newsgroup

Rud

"David A. Seiver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:45:36 GMT, why?
> <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
>

> >On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:27:37 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:

and

> >>S=Secure. It's a locked, secure web site, used mainly for entering
> >>personal information.

> >Did you see any of the earlier correct replies?
> >

> Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

Maybe you should get a dictionary and look up the word correct. You used it
inappropriately in that sentence.

David A. Seiver

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:38:18 GMT, "Rud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"David A. Seiver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:45:36 GMT, why?
>> <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

>and

>> >Did you see any of the earlier correct replies?
>> >

>> Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

>Maybe you should get a dictionary and look up the word correct. You used it
>inappropriately in that sentence.

Thank you, Teacher.

Rud

"David A. Seiver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:38:18 GMT, "Rud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"David A. Seiver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

html
> >and

> >> Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

> >Maybe you should get a dictionary and look up the word correct. You used

it
> >inappropriately in that sentence.
> >

> Thank you, Teacher.

You're welcome. Don't let it happen again. ;O)

why?

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:42:55 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:

>On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:45:36 GMT, why?
>

>>On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:27:37 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:

>>>S=Secure. It's a locked, secure web site, used mainly for entering
>>>personal information.

>>Did you see any of the earlier correct replies?
>>

>Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

Example , please.

Me

David A. Seiver

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:28:51 GMT, why?

>On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:42:55 GMT, David A. Seiver wrote:
>

>>Yes, I did, thank you. This is another correct reply.

>Example , please.
>
>Me

No, sorry, I wuz wrong! It actually stand for S--T HTML, which is
anything written with Easy HTML Starter.