Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't burn .wma files to CD?

Can't burn .wma files to CD?

Spoiler

I tried burning some audio files with a .wma extension to CD, but I got
a "burn failed" messagee from my burning software(Nero 5). Is this
typical? I thought you could burn .wma files. Hope someone can help.

michael turner

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 06:09:53 +0000, Spoiler wrote:

> I tried burning some audio files with a .wma extension to CD, but I got a
> "burn failed" messagee from my burning software(Nero 5). Is this typical?
> I thought you could burn .wma files. Hope someone can help.

Perhaps the author of the .WMA files don't want you to make audio CDs from
them. (Digital Rights Management).

--
Michael Turner

Alien Zord

"Spoiler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I tried burning some audio files with a .wma extension to CD, but I got
> a "burn failed" messagee from my burning software(Nero 5). Is this
> typical? I thought you could burn .wma files. Hope someone can help.

You need the free WMA plug-in for Nero:
http://www.nero.com/en/631946567923453.html

Spoiler

Alien Zord wrote:
> "Spoiler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>I tried burning some audio files with a .wma extension to CD, but I got
>>a "burn failed" messagee from my burning software(Nero 5). Is this
>>typical? I thought you could burn .wma files. Hope someone can help.
>>

> You need the free WMA plug-in for Nero:
> http://www.nero.com/en/631946567923453.html

Thanks for the link. But ya know, I tried it....and the .wma files
still won't burn. Appreciate the assistance, though.

Anybody know of a free .wma to .mp3 converter?

Spoiler

Spoiler wrote:
> Alien Zord wrote:
>
>> "Spoiler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>>> I tried burning some audio files with a .wma extension to CD, but I got
>>> a "burn failed" messagee from my burning software(Nero 5). Is this
>>> typical? I thought you could burn .wma files. Hope someone can help.
>>>

>> You need the free WMA plug-in for Nero:
>> http://www.nero.com/en/631946567923453.html
>>

> Thanks for the link. But ya know, I tried it....and the .wma files
> still won't burn. Appreciate the assistance, though.
>
> Anybody know of a free .wma to .mp3 converter?

And yes, everything else burns fine, by the way.

Harrison

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:46:00 GMT, Spoiler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Alien Zord wrote:
>> "Spoiler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>>>I tried burning some audio files with a .wma extension to CD, but I got
>>>a "burn failed" messagee from my burning software(Nero 5). Is this
>>>typical? I thought you could burn .wma files. Hope someone can help.
>>>

>> You need the free WMA plug-in for Nero:
>> http://www.nero.com/en/631946567923453.html
>>

>Thanks for the link. But ya know, I tried it....and the .wma files
>still won't burn. Appreciate the assistance, though.
>
>Anybody know of a free .wma to .mp3 converter?

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Spoiler

Harrison wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:46:00 GMT, Spoiler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Alien Zord wrote:
>>
>>>"Spoiler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>>>You need the free WMA plug-in for Nero:
>>>http://www.nero.com/en/631946567923453.html
>>>

>>Thanks for the link. But ya know, I tried it....and the .wma files
>>still won't burn. Appreciate the assistance, though.
>>
>>Anybody know of a free .wma to .mp3 converter?

> http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Worked like a charm - thank you, masked man!!