Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE crash

IE crash

Patrick Arnoldussen

Hi,

I have a problem with Internet Explorer, likely a virus. I get a message as
soon as I try to open it. It says that IE has caused an error in
KERNEL32.DLL

I have reloaded IE with no success, and have reloaded the OS (Windows ME)
also to no avail.

Got any suggestions as to how to get this back? Outlook works fine as does
basically everything else (it appears)

I would try to upgrade my virus software, but I cannot get to the internet.
I will buy a new copy if that will help.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat A.

Boomer

Patrick Arnoldussen, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with Internet Explorer, likely a virus. I get
> a message as soon as I try to open it. It says that IE has
> caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL
>
> I have reloaded IE with no success, and have reloaded the OS
> (Windows ME) also to no avail.
>
> Got any suggestions as to how to get this back? Outlook works
> fine as does basically everything else (it appears)
>
> I would try to upgrade my virus software, but I cannot get to
> the internet. I will buy a new copy if that will help.
>
> Any input would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pat A.

Via a quick search at Google.com:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-
1&q=IE+%2Berror+%2B+KERNEL32.DLL+windows+me

Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?B36565A37

Harrison

I am uploading a copy of Hijackthis! to alt.binaries.test for you.
Download it and run it. Paste your log file back to this thread for
further assistance.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:11:21 GMT, "Patrick Arnoldussen"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a problem with Internet Explorer, likely a virus. I get a message as
>soon as I try to open it. It says that IE has caused an error in
>KERNEL32.DLL
>
>I have reloaded IE with no success, and have reloaded the OS (Windows ME)
>also to no avail.
>
>Got any suggestions as to how to get this back? Outlook works fine as does
>basically everything else (it appears)
>
>I would try to upgrade my virus software, but I cannot get to the internet.
>I will buy a new copy if that will help.
>
>Any input would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Pat A.

Patrick Arnoldussen

Hey,

I'd love to go at the links you have below, but I cannot get on the
internet. any chance you can email me the file to download? Email or
hardcopy are my only options at this point.

Pat

news:40187b88$0$195$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> Patrick Arnoldussen, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with Internet Explorer, likely a virus. I get
> > a message as soon as I try to open it. It says that IE has
> > caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL
> >
> > I have reloaded IE with no success, and have reloaded the OS
> > (Windows ME) also to no avail.
> >
> > Got any suggestions as to how to get this back? Outlook works
> > fine as does basically everything else (it appears)
> >
> > I would try to upgrade my virus software, but I cannot get to
> > the internet. I will buy a new copy if that will help.
> >
> > Any input would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Pat A.

> Via a quick search at Google.com:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-
> 1&q=IE+%2Berror+%2B+KERNEL32.DLL+windows+me
>

> Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?B36565A37

Boomer

Patrick Arnoldussen, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'd love to go at the links you have below, but I cannot get on
> the internet. any chance you can email me the file to download?
> Email or hardcopy are my only options at this point.
>
> Pat

You are on the online. You mean you can't use IE. Is that right?
Can you run a scan disk and then defrag then reboot?
What makes you think this is a virus?
Have you tried the repair function for IE?

"..IE has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL.." is a system dynamic link
library error.

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40187b88$0$195$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
>> Patrick Arnoldussen, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have a problem with Internet Explorer, likely a virus. I
>> > get a message as soon as I try to open it. It says that IE
>> > has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL
>> >
>> > I have reloaded IE with no success, and have reloaded the OS
>> > (Windows ME) also to no avail.
>> >
>> > Got any suggestions as to how to get this back? Outlook
>> > works fine as does basically everything else (it appears)
>> >
>> > I would try to upgrade my virus software, but I cannot get to
>> > the internet. I will buy a new copy if that will help.
>> >
>> > Any input would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Pat A.

>> Via a quick search at Google.com:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-
>> 1&q=IE+%2Berror+%2B+KERNEL32.DLL+windows+me
>>

>> Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?B36565A37

nemo

Put your Windows CD in the drive and go to

Start > Run > and type sfc then OK.

That's the System File Check utility.

It'll check all your System Files and give you the option to restore from
the CD any corrupted ones it finds.

If it comes up clean, it might be that a virus is falsely producing the
error message.

Worth a try.

Nemo

news:tR_Rb.14004$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...