Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > FYI "Man Who Invented Ctrl+Alt+Delete Combination Retires"

Reply
Thread Tools

FYI "Man Who Invented Ctrl+Alt+Delete Combination Retires"

 
 
joevan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:14:59 GMT, Shel-hed
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 GMT, Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>>Shel-hed, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> On 29 Jan 2004 02:22:01 GMT, Boomer
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>>
>>>>David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete retires
>>>>http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html
>>>
>>> Oh great. Now what will we do?

>>
>>Just control + delete?
>>Alternative, penguin?!

>
>Do penguins eat much?

Just small bytes.
joevan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Shel-hed
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:09:13 -0800, "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>Shel-hed wrote:
>
>> On 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 GMT, Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> Shel-hed, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Oh great. Now what will we do?
>>>
>>> Just control + delete?
>>> Alternative, penguin?!

>>
>> Do penguins eat much?

>
> Not really. But they *do* leave their droppings everywhere.


How are they potty trained? Do you throw them outside once in a while, or do you just
put the whole computer in a litter box?
If I press ctrl-alt-del, will the penguin squawk?

I was informed by a very knowledgeable secretary that the proper way to shut down a
computer was to press ctrl-alt-del, then quickly turn it off. Will the penguin now
turn it off?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
trout
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
Shel-hed wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:09:13 -0800, "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> Shel-hed wrote:
>>
>>> On 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 GMT, Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>>
>>>> Shel-hed, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Oh great. Now what will we do?
>>>>
>>>> Just control + delete?
>>>> Alternative, penguin?!
>>>
>>> Do penguins eat much?

>>
>> Not really. But they *do* leave their droppings everywhere.

>
> How are they potty trained? Do you throw them outside once in a
> while, or do you just put the whole computer in a litter box?


They serve their droppings up on a platter, and wait expectantly for
expressions of envy and admiration.

> If I press ctrl-alt-del, will the penguin squawk?


For this, and almost any other conceivable reason.

> I was informed by a very knowledgeable secretary that the proper way
> to shut down a computer was to press ctrl-alt-del, then quickly turn
> it off. Will the penguin now turn it off?


No, it will just giggle and elbow the the other penguins.
--
"These are nasty, tricky creatures. In case of infestation, call a
professional."


 
Reply With Quote
 
PuppyKatt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004

"William Poaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) x...
: It was on Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 +0000, just as I was halfway
through a
: large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:
:
: > Shel-hed, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >
: >> On 29 Jan 2004 02:22:01 GMT, Boomer
: >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
: >>
: >>>David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete retires
: >>>http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html
: >>
: >> Oh great. Now what will we do?
: >
: > Just control + delete?
: > Alternative, penguin?!
:
: Ctrl +Alt +Delete just brings up the menu:-
: "What do you want to do next?"
: Log in as different user
I do not get this option, you pig.
: Turn off computer
: Restart computer
I do get the option to also close specific $hit that is running and has,
for some reason that only Gates & Co. know, stopped responding.


 
Reply With Quote
 
William Poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
It was on Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:08:07 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that PuppyKatt wrote:

>
> "William Poaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed) x...
> : It was on Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 +0000, just as I was halfway
> through a
> : large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:
> :
> : > Shel-hed, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> : >
> : >> On 29 Jan 2004 02:22:01 GMT, Boomer
> : >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
> : >>
> : >>>David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete retires
> : >>>http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html
> : >>
> : >> Oh great. Now what will we do?
> : >
> : > Just control + delete?
> : > Alternative, penguin?!
> :
> : Ctrl +Alt +Delete just brings up the menu:- "What do you want to do
> : next?"
> : Log in as different user
> I do not get this option, you pig.


You won't, you're using Gatesware.
If I choose to log in as a different user, I can also choose whether to
run KDE, Gnome, Enlightenment..etc.

> : Turn off computer
> : Restart computer
> I do get the option to also close specific $hit that is running and has,
> for some reason that only Gates & Co. know, stopped responding.


Uh,huh..

--
Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
Using linux at home, since 1998
Why linux? Because it's MY computer.
SuSE Linux Pro 9.0


 
Reply With Quote
 
BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
Boomer wrote:

>>>>>David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete retires
>>>>>http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html


>>>>Oh great. Now what will we do?


>>>Just control + delete?
>>>Alternative, penguin?!


>>Do penguins eat much?


> Only windows.


(Smirk) Wise ass. Seriously thanks! I needed that laugh!

--
--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
(BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
 
Reply With Quote
 
William Poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
It was on Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:21:06 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:

> Shel-hed, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 GMT, Boomer
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>>Shel-hed, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 29 Jan 2004 02:22:01 GMT, Boomer
>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>>>
>>>>>David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete retires
>>>>>http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html
>>>>
>>>> Oh great. Now what will we do?
>>>
>>>Just control + delete?
>>>Alternative, penguin?!

>>
>> Do penguins eat much?

>
> Only windows.


LOL!

--
Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
Using linux at home, since 1998
Why linux? Because it's MY computer.
SuSE Linux Pro 9.0


 
Reply With Quote
 
Boomer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Boomer wrote:
>
>>>>>>David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete retires
>>>>>>http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html

>
>>>>>Oh great. Now what will we do?

>
>>>>Just control + delete?
>>>>Alternative, penguin?!

>
>>>Do penguins eat much?

>
>> Only windows.

>
> (Smirk) Wise ass. Seriously thanks! I needed that laugh!


You're welcome.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Boomer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2004
William Poaster, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It was on Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:21:06 +0000, just as I was halfway
> through a large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:
>
>> Shel-hed, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> On 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 GMT, Boomer
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>>
>>>>Shel-hed, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> On 29 Jan 2004 02:22:01 GMT, Boomer
>>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>>>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>>>>
>>>>>>David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete
>>>>>>retires http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html
>>>>>
>>>>> Oh great. Now what will we do?
>>>>
>>>>Just control + delete?
>>>>Alternative, penguin?!
>>>
>>> Do penguins eat much?

>>
>> Only windows.

>
> LOL!
>


Took you long enough to see that!
 
Reply With Quote
 
William Poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2004
It was on Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:44:57 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:

> William Poaster, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> It was on Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:21:06 +0000, just as I was halfway through
>> a large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:
>>
>>> Shel-hed, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 29 Jan 2004 02:57:34 GMT, Boomer
>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>>>
>>>>>Shel-hed, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> On 29 Jan 2004 02:22:01 GMT, Boomer
>>>>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>David Bradley, the man who invented Ctrl +Alt +Delete retires
>>>>>>>http://www.nbc17.com/news/2800201/detail.html
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Oh great. Now what will we do?
>>>>>
>>>>>Just control + delete?
>>>>>Alternative, penguin?!
>>>>
>>>> Do penguins eat much?
>>>
>>> Only windows.

>>
>> LOL!
>>
>>

> Took you long enough to see that!


I was watching a phish! Penguins like fish too.

--
Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
Using linux at home, since 1998
Why linux? Because it's MY computer.
SuSE Linux Pro 9.0


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
* PRESS RELEASE * 100+ Years Advanced Video Game System Invented newstips6706@yahoo.com C Programming 0 09-30-2006 10:47 PM
OT: I invented the InterNeil PC LOAD LETTER MCSE 102 01-11-2006 01:51 PM
want to know who invented html? Nicole HTML 7 08-30-2005 10:55 PM
Who Invented the Digital Camera Larry R Harrison Jr Digital Photography 71 08-10-2004 10:38 AM
Who invented Jemmy? Phlip Java 5 08-04-2004 03:31 PM



Advertisments