Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > donate/recylce pc equipment?

donate/recylce pc equipment?

Diane

Hello
Is there a place where we can donate/recycle all of our old computer
equipment? They are just old 286's that my husband has kept around in the
basement. They are useless I would think and all incomplete (missing drives
and such). Does anybody recycle old pc equipment?

Thanks in advance

Boomer

Diane, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello
> Is there a place where we can donate/recycle all of our old
> computer equipment? They are just old 286's that my husband has
> kept around in the basement. They are useless I would think and
> all incomplete (missing drives and such). Does anybody recycle
> old pc equipment?
>
> Thanks in advance

What city? What country?
Have you looked in your phone book for recycling etc.?

Harrison

There are many such places, but it would be helpful to know what city,
state, province, or country you are in?

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:55:20 GMT, "Diane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello
>Is there a place where we can donate/recycle all of our old computer
>equipment? They are just old 286's that my husband has kept around in the
>basement. They are useless I would think and all incomplete (missing drives
>and such). Does anybody recycle old pc equipment?
>
>Thanks in advance

SgtMinor

If you happen to be in New York, this may be of interest:
http://www.microweb.com/pepsite/Recycle/NewYork.html

If you live elsewhere try a google search with the words computer
recycling my location.

Many businesses use a 3, 4, or 5-year replacement schedule for
computers, meaning that many Pentium II and III, and some P4 machines
are being recycled. The demand for anything older than that is
limited. If you can't find an agency that will recycle the system, you
may have to pay to properly dispose of it. The disposal problem is even
worse for CRTs.

Diane wrote:

> Hello
> Is there a place where we can donate/recycle all of our old computer
> equipment? They are just old 286's that my husband has kept around in the
> basement. They are useless I would think and all incomplete (missing drives
> and such). Does anybody recycle old pc equipment?
>
> Thanks in advance

Rafael Montano

Yes Diana there is a place If you have Dell Equipment
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/s...dhs&~topic=sho
wcase_recycling
Click On The Link and it will take you to DELL RECYCLEING
Or go to The Following link for any other Brand
http://www.pcdisposal.com/services.htm?
OR go to the folllowing link to see a full List
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...ycling&spell=1