Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > need help

need help

MANDY JONES

hello
im havin major probs, i think , when i log into windows my start up screen
before i log on says i have lots of unread emails but i just cant find them
and when i try to read on http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) it says i cannot view,
i had to reinstall my computer and im thinking that the address i was using
then is floating around somewhere but i just cant find it, can u help, my
one address is (E-Mail Removed) and the other one is
(E-Mail Removed) but i cant seem to make head or tail of anything
thank you
m.jones

michael turner

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:43:22 +0000, MANDY JONES wrote:

> hello
> im havin major probs, i think , when i log into windows my start up screen
> before i log on says i have lots of unread emails but i just cant find
> them and when i try to read on nathanbrad@blue******.co.uk

<snipped>

> other one is mj004b7526@blue******.co.uk

<snipped>

hmmmm. more addys. for the spambots.

They're goin' to have to change their email addresses now.

--
Michael Turner

why?

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:43:22 -0000, MANDY JONES wrote:

24HSHD is a public international newsgroup not affiliated with any ISP
or other service provider.

You have posted several email addresses that can be picked up by spam
bots all eager to send you lots of luverly spam.

http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/abuse/howavoid.shtml
How to hide your email address from spammers on usenet:

Contact your ISP.
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/

Message reformatted a bit, removed email addresses.

>hello
>im havin major probs, i think , when i log into windows my start up screen
>before i log on says i have lots of unread emails but i just cant find them
>and when i try to read on
>nathanbrad<snip domain>
> it says i cannot view,

The error message is?
That would be using outlook express or something else on which OS?

Is it something like this,

or

199507 - OLEXP: Unread Messages Count in Outlook Express Is Not ...
.... 257824 OL2000: Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express. ...
This issue can occur
because the unread message count ... not updated until new e-mail
headers are ...
http://support.microsoft.com/support.../q199/5/07.asp - 13k -
Cached - Similar pages

>i had to reinstall my computer and im thinking that the address i was using

If you reinstall OE/OL include 1 or 2 welcome messages.

>then is floating around somewhere but i just cant find it, can u help, my

Floating around what / where?

>one address is
>nathanbrad<snip domain>
> and the other one is

The one below really isn't your email addy although it acts as one,
that's your account name. You should only use this if BY ask in the
internal support groups or to manage your settigs at selfcare (see
below).

>mj004b7526<snip domain>

Check your email addresses and alias at selfcare. I suggest you don't
use 'nathanbrad; as it may be getting spammed now. You can't much about
mail going to the other address. Create a new subaccount and alias would
be easier, be very careful how you hand it out.

How to use,
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/selfcare/

Manage email and addresses
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/selfcare/email.shtml

Login to,
http://selfcare.blueyonder.co.uk/

> but i cant seem to make head or tail of anything

Try the webmail interface, to see your mailbox.

About webmail
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/email/webmail.shtml

Login to
https://webmail.blueyonder.co.uk/

Configure BY email with common email applications.
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/email/

If none of that helps, contact your ISP
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/contact/

Or use the BY internal newsgroups,

- blueyonder.support.mail
For the specific reporting of diagnostic information on blueyonder mail
services ONLY.

- blueyonder.users.self-help
A group for users to help each other, frequently featuring advice with
Operating System settings, advice on configuring client software and the
likes. If you have a problem but it is not a direct blueyonder support
issue, this is the best place to start.

- blueyonder.discussion.mail
Discussion about the blueyonder e-mail service, or e-mail in general.

Me