Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > frequent disconnects

frequent disconnects

sarah newland

I have spent a considerable amount of time going through all the automated
menus on the telephone trying to find a category to report the disconnects.
This has been so frustrating because none of the categories fit!!! Took me a
while to figure out why I kept getting an error message when trying to
access the newsgroups.Now that I have that fixed, I'm here to ask what can
be done to stop this problem. I have been on unlimited time for two years
with no problem until recently, now we get a DISCONNECT at least twice a
day!!! THERE ARE NO WEATHER -RELATED PROBLEMS HERE IN THE NORTHWEST!!! My
husband is involved in on-line poker tournaments and a disconnect is
DEVASTATING for him. I am using the only dial-up number available without
incurring long distance charges.

Hywel Jenkins

In article <jRARb.122145$6y6.2412832@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I have spent a considerable amount of time going through all the automated
> menus on the telephone trying to find a category to report the disconnects.
> This has been so frustrating because none of the categories fit!!! Took me a
> while to figure out why I kept getting an error message when trying to
> access the newsgroups.Now that I have that fixed, I'm here to ask what can
> be done to stop this problem. I have been on unlimited time for two years
> with no problem until recently, now we get a DISCONNECT at least twice a
> day!!! THERE ARE NO WEATHER -RELATED PROBLEMS HERE IN THE NORTHWEST!!! My
> husband is involved in on-line poker tournaments and a disconnect is
> DEVASTATING for him. I am using the only dial-up number available without
> incurring long distance charges.

This isn't a WorldNet/ATT support desk. Your request for help may go
un-noticed.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

SgtMinor

Hywel Jenkins wrote:

> In article <jRARb.122145$6y6.2412832@bgtnsc05-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I have spent a considerable amount of time going through all the automated
> > menus on the telephone trying to find a category to report the disconnects.
> > This has been so frustrating because none of the categories fit!!! Took me a
> > while to figure out why I kept getting an error message when trying to
> > access the newsgroups.Now that I have that fixed, I'm here to ask what can
> > be done to stop this problem. I have been on unlimited time for two years
> > with no problem until recently, now we get a DISCONNECT at least twice a
> > day!!! THERE ARE NO WEATHER -RELATED PROBLEMS HERE IN THE NORTHWEST!!! My
> > husband is involved in on-line poker tournaments and a disconnect is
> > DEVASTATING for him. I am using the only dial-up number available without
> > incurring long distance charges.

> This isn't a WorldNet/ATT support desk. Your request for help may go
> un-noticed.

In such a case, consider the "Posted & Mailed" approach.

trout

sarah newland wrote:

> I have spent a considerable amount of time going through all the
> automated menus on the telephone trying to find a category to report
> the disconnects. This has been so frustrating because none of the
> categories fit!!! Took me a while to figure out why I kept getting an
> error message when trying to access the newsgroups.Now that I have
> that fixed, I'm here to ask what can be done to stop this problem. I
> have been on unlimited time for two years with no problem until
> recently, now we get a DISCONNECT at least twice a day!!! THERE ARE
> NO WEATHER -RELATED PROBLEMS HERE IN THE NORTHWEST!!! My husband is
> involved in on-line poker tournaments and a disconnect is DEVASTATING
> for him. I am using the only dial-up number available without
> incurring long distance charges.

I suggest you try one of the AT&T Worldnet Help Newsgroups listed
here:
http://help.att.net/care/index/newsg...?platform=none
--
"Good luck."

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> Hywel Jenkins wrote:
> >
> > In article <jRARb.122145$6y6.2412832@bgtnsc05-
> > news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > > I have spent a considerable amount of time going through all the automated
> > > menus on the telephone trying to find a category to report the disconnects.
> > > This has been so frustrating because none of the categories fit!!! Took me a
> > > while to figure out why I kept getting an error message when trying to
> > > access the newsgroups.Now that I have that fixed, I'm here to ask what can
> > > be done to stop this problem. I have been on unlimited time for two years
> > > with no problem until recently, now we get a DISCONNECT at least twice a
> > > day!!! THERE ARE NO WEATHER -RELATED PROBLEMS HERE IN THE NORTHWEST!!! My
> > > husband is involved in on-line poker tournaments and a disconnect is
> > > DEVASTATING for him. I am using the only dial-up number available without
> > > incurring long distance charges.

> > This isn't a WorldNet/ATT support desk. Your request for help may go
> > un-noticed.

> In such a case, consider the "Posted & Mailed" approach.

This is UseNet - ask here, get your answer here. As the OP figured out
how to post here she should be able to find her way back.

--

Hywel Jenkins wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
> > >
> > > In article <jRARb.122145$6y6.2412832@bgtnsc05-
> > > news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > >
> > > This isn't a WorldNet/ATT support desk. Your request for help may go
> > > un-noticed.

> > In such a case, consider the "Posted & Mailed" approach.

> This is UseNet - ask here, get your answer here. As the OP figured out
> how to post here she should be able to find her way back.

I know what "this" is. What you seem to miss is that many people 'post'
when they are trying to send an email. And "ask here, get your answer
here" applies only to those who consciously post to a group and request
an email response.

> --
> Hywel I do not eat quiche
> http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
> http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> Hywel Jenkins wrote:
> >
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed)lid says...

> > > In such a case, consider the "Posted & Mailed" approach.

> > This is UseNet - ask here, get your answer here. As the OP figured out
> > how to post here she should be able to find her way back.

> I know what "this" is. What you seem to miss is that many people 'post'
> when they are trying to send an email. And "ask here, get your answer
> here" applies only to those who consciously post to a group and request
> an email response.

Would the OP not have figured out the she wasn't sending an email
address when she didn't enter one? If people can't be arsed to figure
out the basics should we be arsed to help?