Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > A Fatal Exception

A Fatal Exception

ICee

Phyllis wrote:
> Will do! Thank you SO MUCH for your help!!

You're welcome.

> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Phyllis wrote:
>>> I show it's Windows 98 (not SE) underneath that, it has 4-10-1998

>> Three things to do. First, check Windows Update to see if there are
>> any updates for Windows 98. Go here:
>> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
>> and it will automatically scan your system to see if any updates are
>> needed.
>> If so, download and install them.
>> Second, check for updated drivers for the USB device. Go to the
>> manufacturers web site to see if they have any.
>> Third, install the updated VIA chipset drivers, as mentioned in my
>> last post.
>>
>> If you're still having problems, post back with information about the
>> USB device you are using.
>> Good luck.
>>

>>> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> --
>> "God's Final Message to His Creation:
>> 'We apologize for the inconvenience.'"
>> So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

--
"God's Final Message to His Creation:
'We apologize for the inconvenience.'"
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Boomer

Phyllis, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Will do! Thank you SO MUCH for your help!!
>
> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Phyllis wrote:
>> > I show it's Windows 98 (not SE) underneath that, it has
>> > 4-10-1998

>> Three things to do. First, check Windows Update to see if
>> there are any updates for Windows 98. Go here:
>> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
>> and it will automatically scan your system to see if any
>> updates are needed.
>> If so, download and install them.
>> Second, check for updated drivers for the USB device. Go to
>> the manufacturers web site to see if they have any.
>> Third, install the updated VIA chipset drivers, as mentioned in
>> my last post.
>>
>> If you're still having problems, post back with information
>> about the USB device you are using.
>> Good luck.

[HUGE SNIP]

Boomer

ICee, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Phyllis wrote:
>> Will do! Thank you SO MUCH for your help!!

> You're welcome.
>

>> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Three things to do. First, check Windows Update to see if
>>> there are any updates for Windows 98. Go here:
>>> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
>>> and it will automatically scan your system to see if any
>>> updates are needed.
>>> If so, download and install them.
>>> Second, check for updated drivers for the USB device. Go to
>>> the manufacturers web site to see if they have any.
>>> Third, install the updated VIA chipset drivers, as mentioned
>>> in my last post.
>>>
>>> If you're still having problems, post back with information
>>> about the USB device you are using.
>>> Good luck.

[HUGE SNIP]

ICee

Boomer wrote:
> ICee, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Phyllis wrote:
>>> Will do! Thank you SO MUCH for your help!!

>> You're welcome.
>>

>>> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> [HUGE SNIP]

Are you trying to tell me something, Boomer?

Boomer

ICee, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Boomer wrote:

[snip]
>> [HUGE SNIP]

> Are you trying to tell me something, Boomer?

Heavens no!

ICee

Boomer wrote:
> ICee, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Boomer wrote:

> [snip]
>>> [HUGE SNIP]

>> Are you trying to tell me something, Boomer?

> Heavens no!

LOL. I didn't pay attention to how long the thread was getting.
That's what happens when I try to do three things at once.