Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > compaq presario 1245

compaq presario 1245

SRB

I have a compaq presario 1245 that had it's drive reformatted. I want to
reinstall the version of windows that came with the laptop - but the cab
files were stored on a hard drive partion and the recovery disk is useless
without them.

Anybody know any solutions? Websites with the drivers etc...

michael turner

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 02:29:29 +0000, SRB wrote:

> I have a compaq presario 1245 that had it's drive reformatted. I want to
> reinstall the version of windows that came with the laptop - but the cab
> files were stored on a hard drive partion and the recovery disk is useless
> without them.
>
> Anybody know any solutions? Websites with the drivers etc...

Get in contact with Compaq for the original Windows and bundled software
CDs (they will charge you for this). Failing that you'll have to purchase
an original Windows CD, and then go to Compaq's site for the drivers etc.

--
Michael Turner

Abbyss

> and then go to Compaq's site for the drivers etc.
Well, gooood luck...

Regards
Abbyss

"michael turner" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
newsan.2004.01.27.02.35.08.694000@IDONTLIKESPAM. virgin.net...
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 02:29:29 +0000, SRB wrote:
>
> > I have a compaq presario 1245 that had it's drive reformatted. I want

> > reinstall the version of windows that came with the laptop - but the cab
> > files were stored on a hard drive partion and the recovery disk is

useless
> > without them.
> >
> > Anybody know any solutions? Websites with the drivers etc...

> Get in contact with Compaq for the original Windows and bundled software
> CDs (they will charge you for this). Failing that you'll have to purchase
> an original Windows CD, and then go to Compaq's site for the drivers etc.
>
> --
> Michael Turner

SRB

"Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsjrRb.31494$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > and then go to Compaq's site for the drivers etc.

> Well, gooood luck...
>
> Regards
> Abbyss

I actually found quite a few of the drivers on the compaq site, which
surprised me. Last time I looked they had nothing.