Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AOL E-Mail

AOL E-Mail

malicet

My sister has AOL as her provider. Is it possible for her to have Outlook Express for her mail program?
Or does she have to stay with "You've Got Mail"?
Thanks
mal

Boomer

"malicet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> My sister has AOL as her provider. Is it possible for her to have
> Outlook Express for her mail program? Or does she have to stay
> with "You've Got Mail"? Thanks
> mal

I believe she is stuck with AOL's e-mail client.

But she can use a fine browser, like Mozilla to surf with.

ErmYouKnow

....however, you can't use Windows Update from Microsoft's site with Mozilla.
(There could be updates for Media Player and other non IE programs).
news:401597b0$0$164$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> "malicet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > My sister has AOL as her provider. Is it possible for her to have
> > Outlook Express for her mail program? Or does she have to stay
> > with "You've Got Mail"? Thanks
> > mal

> I believe she is stuck with AOL's e-mail client.
>
> But she can use a fine browser, like Mozilla to surf with.

Boomer

"ErmYouKnow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bv45j0$cbe$(E-Mail Removed):

> ...however, you can't use Windows Update from Microsoft's site
> with Mozilla. (There could be updates for Media Player and other
> non IE programs).

I don't use MS Update's.

"Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message
> news:401597b0$0$164$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
>> "malicet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > My sister has AOL as her provider. Is it possible for her to
>> > have Outlook Express for her mail program? Or does she have to
>> > stay with "You've Got Mail"? Thanks
>> > mal

>> I believe she is stuck with AOL's e-mail client.
>>
>> But she can use a fine browser, like Mozilla to surf with.

André

malicet heeft geschreven in bericht <(E-Mail Removed)>...
My sister has AOL as her provider. Is it possible for her to have Outlook
Express for her mail program?
Or does she have to stay with "You've Got Mail"?
Thanks
mal

Boomer

"André" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:MbiRb.2243$(E-Mail Removed):

alt.test ----------->

> malicet heeft geschreven in bericht
> <(E-Mail Removed)>... My sister has AOL as her
> provider. Is it possible for her to have Outlook Express for her
> mail program? Or does she have to stay with "You've Got Mail"?
> Thanks
> mal

Rifleman

"malicet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
My sister has AOL as her provider. Is it possible for her to have Outlook
Express for her mail program?
Or does she have to stay with "You've Got Mail"?
Thanks
mal

No but she can use Netscape 6 or 7 instead.

Olly Aitch

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:21:05 -0600, "malicet" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My sister has AOL as her provider. Is it possible for her to have =
>Outlook Express for her mail program? =20
>Or does she have to stay with "You've Got Mail"?
>Thanks
>mal

There are applications (not free last time I looked) that will do an
AOL to POP3 client transfer (do a google) BUT they're not really the
sort of thing you'd get an average AOL user to install and configure.

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

Some time, on or about: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:21:05 -0600, "malicet"
<(E-Mail Removed)> was criminally insane in my professional opinion
when they claimed the following balderdash:

>My sister has AOL as her provider. Is it possible for her to have Outlook Express for her mail program?

No, it's a proprietary e-mail server.

>Or does she have to stay with "You've Got Mail"?

You can download Netscape and use its onboard e-mail client, but NS is
just as ponderous as AOL. NS is owned by AOL, BTW, and downloads and
installs a host of AOL owned applications on your PC

Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

Adam Bailey

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/#3rd-party