Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > content advisor

content advisor

Jane Mackie

Can anyone assist a complete blonde when it comes to computers???

On attempting to connect to the internet I am receiving information box
telling me that the content advisor will not allow me to view the page as it
has no rating, I have tried disconnecting my firewall but that made no
difference.
Help!!!

°Mike°

Ask the person who set the Content Advisor.

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:54:18 -0000, in
<OjdRb.30371$(E-Mail Removed)>
Jane Mackie scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

@}-}-------Rosee

Standard Disclaimer: BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY!!!! To do this:

I've made a folder entitled "RegBak" in "My Documents".
Start>Run>regedit>then at the top Registry>Export Registry>
Save it to the folder you have already made in My Documents.
Make sure "All" is ticked.

I also burn this on a CD outside of Windows and my computer. Ya never
know!!!.....;o)

Courtesy of Faunmaster and Art:

http://www.pchell.com/support/contentadvisor.shtml

How to Disable Content Advisor in Internet Explorer

The following steps will remove any password set in the Content Adivisor
and allow you to reset the program to its original state.

1) Click on Start and choose Run.

2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.

3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of
the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version
and Policies.

5) Now click on the Ratings folder.

6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key.
Click on it and press Delete.

7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just
deleted your original Content Advisor password.

Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.

9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x)

10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a
password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable
Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.

"Jane Mackie" <(E-Mail Removed)> chiseled in stone, the following
words news:OjdRb.30371$(E-Mail Removed):

--
@}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com