Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Anonymous Posting?

Anonymous Posting?

litcube

How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
in the header?

I've been looking everywhere for help. Thanks!

Jay

"litcube" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
> in the header?

Why?

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:06:06 +1300, "Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"litcube" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
>> in the header?

It's a privacy concern.

>Why?
>
>> I've been looking everywhere for help. Thanks!

wisefool

litcube said:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:06:06 +1300, "Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> "litcube" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
>>> in the header?

> It's a privacy concern.
>

>> Why?
>>
>>> I've been looking everywhere for help. Thanks!

There are "anonymous remailer" services.

Dunno the details. Some sites say if you use
them people trust you less online. Not surprising
really! Search the archives of this NG -- I think
I saw an article with links to such services.

wisefool

Blinky the Shark

litcube wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:06:06 +1300, "Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>"litcube" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
>>> in the header?

> It's a privacy concern.

A. Interbackwardposting.

Q. What was that?

--
Blinky Linux RU 4892F
Happily slrning again.

wisefool

Blinky the Shark said:
> litcube wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:06:06 +1300, "Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> "litcube" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

_FQAs -- n., Frequently Questionable Answers_

Drum roll...

We now present the semantic double back flip:

>> It's a privacy concern.

> A. Interbackwardposting.
>

> Q. What was that?
>
>>> Why?

Ta-dah!

****

You thought it was smart to munge your email
address -- to throw off the spam bots of 2003.

This is munging of your sentence order -- to throw off
the auto-salesman bots of 2013.

wisefool

Chris Bee

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:05:02 GMT,"litcube" posted ...

> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
>in the header?

Your ISP adds your IP address after you post a usenet message so if you
want to keep using your ISP news service you will have to cop that sweet.

You could use a free web service such as what Google provide, Google
won't show your IP address but they aren't as convenient to use, another
choice is using a Commercial news provider, they don't show your IP
address either.

I use http://www.pathlink.com/ but as you are trying out Agent why not
also try "APN" http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php which is their
new Agent Premium Newsgroups Service provided via an arrangement with
Supernews. APN is available on a Month x Month basis whereas some other
news services require you to signup for 12 Months.

You will get much more information and be better informed subscribing to
the newsgroup -> alt.binaries.news-server-comparison <- and by then
reading some of the posts.
--

Chris

litcube

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:00:12 +1100, Chris Bee
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:05:02 GMT,"litcube" posted ...
>
>> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
>>in the header?

>Your ISP adds your IP address after you post a usenet message so if you
>want to keep using your ISP news service you will have to cop that sweet.
>
>You could use a free web service such as what Google provide, Google
>won't show your IP address but they aren't as convenient to use, another
>choice is using a Commercial news provider, they don't show your IP
>address either.
>
>I use http://www.pathlink.com/ but as you are trying out Agent why not
>also try "APN" http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php which is their
>new Agent Premium Newsgroups Service provided via an arrangement with
>Supernews. APN is available on a Month x Month basis whereas some other
>news services require you to signup for 12 Months.
>
>You will get much more information and be better informed subscribing to
>the newsgroup -> alt.binaries.news-server-comparison <- and by then
>reading some of the posts.

Hrm... How much does the average news sever cost per month? What's
a gool deal? What's a bad one?

Boomer

litcube <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:00:12 +1100, Chris Bee
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:05:02 GMT,"litcube" posted ...
>>
>>> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing
>>> up
>>>in the header?

>>Your ISP adds your IP address after you post a usenet message so
>>if you want to keep using your ISP news service you will have to
>>cop that sweet.

[snip]
>>You will get much more information and be better informed
>>subscribing to the newsgroup ->
>>alt.binaries.news-server-comparison <- and by then reading some of
>>the posts.

> Hrm... How much does the average news sever cost per month?
> What's a gool deal? What's a bad one?

It depends on what you want from a news provider.
You might want to read through this group as mentioned above.
alt.binaries.news-server-comparison

Chris Bee

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:06:19 GMT,"litcube" posted ...

>On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:00:12 +1100, Chris Bee
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:05:02 GMT,"litcube" posted ...
>>
>>> How do I post usenet messages without my IP address showing up
>>>in the header?

>>Your ISP adds your IP address after you post a usenet message so if you
>>want to keep using your ISP news service you will have to cop that sweet.
>>
>>You will get much more information and be better informed subscribing to
>>the newsgroup -> alt.binaries.news-server-comparison <- and by then
>>reading some of the posts.

>Hrm... How much does the average news sever cost per month? What's
>a gool deal? What's a bad one?

If you read the news group alt.binaries.news-server-comparison you may
get an appreciation of who provides a good news service and who doesn't.

Supernews costs from $4.95 per Month (1.5 GB per Month limit)
http://www.supernews.com/indi_price.html

Giganews costs from $11.95 per Month (10 GB per Month limit)
https://secure.giganews.com/signup/cgi-bin/signup.cgi

Agent Premium Newsgroups (APN) get their feed through Supernews and they
cost from $2.95 per Month (2 GB per Month limit)
http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php

Tera News has a free service (50 MB daily limit) and they are seldom
recommended. http://www.teranews.com/
--

Chris