Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > problem with 'reply to all' in outlook express,, yahoo groups

problem with 'reply to all' in outlook express,, yahoo groups

larry

Greetings

I have, seemingly, just bumped into a problem with my outlook express
(windows9...When I go to reply to an message, via yahoogroups, I lately
have noticed that when I click on 'reply to all' the 'to' line will contain
the yahoo groups name twice but not the senders name / email address.....

Have I, by accident, click on a label that controls that function?...

Larry

trout

larry wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I have, seemingly, just bumped into a problem with my outlook express
> (windows9...When I go to reply to an message, via yahoogroups, I
> lately have noticed that when I click on 'reply to all' the 'to' line
> will contain the yahoo groups name twice but not the senders name /
> email address.....
>
> Have I, by accident, click on a label that controls that function?...
>
> Larry

In Yahoo Groups, the message is being sent to you from Yahoo. Not
the original sender. There is no need to use 'Reply to all'. Your 'Reply
to Sender' sends your reply back to the group, which, in turn is sent to
all members of the group.
The only exception to this would be if that person has *opted* to
use only the web interface, instead of email. In that case, you'd have
to add them to the cc or BCC line to ensure that they receive your
response.
--
"If, indeed, that person *wants* to be directly emailed."

Groups of groups with PIX. AM Cisco 2 01-31-2006 04:37 PM
Yahoo problem and asking Yahoo is useless Lookout Computer Support 12 12-03-2005 01:36 PM
Windows groups, VPN groups, and SecureACS John Sasso Cisco 0 10-02-2004 03:39 PM
Reading membership of groups (including nested groups) Petra Hübner ASP .Net 0 02-16-2004 07:07 PM
Email problem with Yahoo Groups rifleman Computer Support 1 09-01-2003 02:42 PM

Advertisments