Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hard disk volume serial number -- help required re editing.

Hard disk volume serial number -- help required re editing.

No Cheques Cash only

Hi,

I was just wondering if there would be any software around for editing the
hard disk volume serial number (found by typing "vol c:" at the DOS prompt.

If you could reply to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) that would be great.

Regards,

Chris

docmill

"No Cheques Cash only" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:SZHQb.26701$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if there would be any software around for editing
> the hard disk volume serial number (found by typing "vol c:" at the
> DOS prompt.
>
> If you could reply to (E-Mail Removed) that would be great.
>

> Regards,
>
> Chris

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/so...shtml#VolumeId

ftp://ftp.powerquest.com/pub/utilities/ ptedit32.exe is the file

Or look for this utility VSN3201.ZIP

But, no one repies to email traps.

--
+++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

Patrick

No Cheques Cash only wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if there would be any software around for
> editing the hard disk volume serial number (found by typing "vol c:"
> at the DOS prompt.
>
> If you could reply to (E-Mail Removed) that would be great.
>

> Regards,
>
> Chris

Try going to a command-prompt and type;
label /?