Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem with main board, video card, or bio's setting?

Problem with main board, video card, or bio's setting?

Metro

I put a sapphire 9200se video card in a MSI 6528 main board now it crashes
during windows load, restarts, does a scandisk, finishes, crashes again
repeats over and over. What are the chances or it being the mainboard,
video card or is there a bio's setting I should look at? Any help would be
great, what can I do and where do I start?

philo

"Metro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9HBQb.72348$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I put a sapphire 9200se video card in a MSI 6528 main board now it crashes
> during windows load, restarts, does a scandisk, finishes, crashes again
> repeats over and over. What are the chances or it being the mainboard,
> video card or is there a bio's setting I should look at? Any help would

be
> great, what can I do and where do I start?

If it only started crashing since you put in the video board
then it is probably a problem with your video card drivers...

see if there are updated drivers avail for your particular OS

Metro

is this what everybody thinks?
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Metro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:9HBQb.72348$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I put a sapphire 9200se video card in a MSI 6528 main board now it

crashes
> > during windows load, restarts, does a scandisk, finishes, crashes again
> > repeats over and over. What are the chances or it being the mainboard,
> > video card or is there a bio's setting I should look at? Any help would

> be
> > great, what can I do and where do I start?
> >

> If it only started crashing since you put in the video board
> then it is probably a problem with your video card drivers...
>
> see if there are updated drivers avail for your particular OS

ICee

Metro wrote:
> I put a sapphire 9200se video card in a MSI 6528 main board now it
> crashes during windows load, restarts, does a scandisk, finishes,
> crashes again repeats over and over. What are the chances or it
> being the mainboard, video card or is there a bio's setting I should
> look at? Any help would be great, what can I do and where do I start?

It's either a bad card, or XP doesn't like the change. If you can, put
the original video card back in, boot the system (you'll probably have
to start from known good configuration), and uninstall the card from
device manager. Then, put the new card in and try to boot. It should
be seen as a new VGA card and then you would install the ATI drivers for
it.