Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't get to BIOS

Can't get to BIOS

John Bahran

My computer boots up to a: drive and there is no message about what
key to hit to get into BIOS. I have tried all keys.Please help.

ilmc

John Bahran typed:
> My computer boots up to a: drive and there is no message about what
> key to hit to get into BIOS. I have tried all keys.Please help.

Make and model, please!

ICee

John Bahran wrote:
> My computer boots up to a: drive and there is no message about what
> key to hit to get into BIOS. I have tried all keys.Please help.

You have to hold down the 'Delete' key just after powering up the
system. If delete doesn't work, try 'Insert', 'Esc', or 'F1'.

Douglas Adams

°Mike°

Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

On 23 Jan 2004 15:06:22 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
John Bahran scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Michael J. Apollyon

John Bahran wrote:

> My computer boots up to a: drive and there is no message about what
> key to hit to get into BIOS. I have tried all keys.Please help.

Without more information the group cannot assist you further...

Please see Michael Stevens' site for some other common key combos -
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

°Mike°

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:46:33 GMT, in
<JfjQb.277$(E-Mail Removed)>
Michael J. Apollyon scrawled:

>John Bahran wrote:
>
>> My computer boots up to a: drive and there is no message about what
>> key to hit to get into BIOS. I have tried all keys.Please help.

>Without more information the group cannot assist you further...

Please speak for yourself, and nobody else, you presumptuous prick.

>Please see Michael Stevens'

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Harrison

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:22:23 +0000, °Mike°
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
>the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
>telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.
Brilliant.
No ****.
Brilliant.

>On 23 Jan 2004 15:06:22 -0800, in
> <(E-Mail Removed) >
> John Bahran scrawled:
>
>>My computer boots up to a: drive and there is no message about what
>>key to hit to get into BIOS. I have tried all keys.Please help.

°Mike°

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:54:48 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Harrison scrawled:

>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:22:23 +0000, °Mike°
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
>>the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
>>telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

>Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.
>Brilliant.
>No ****.
>Brilliant.

Oh, but I'm just some Window 98 hack, remember?

>>On 23 Jan 2004 15:06:22 -0800, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed) >
>> John Bahran scrawled:
>>
>>>My computer boots up to a: drive and there is no message about what
>>>key to hit to get into BIOS. I have tried all keys.Please help.

--
Basic computer maintenance

John H. Guillory

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:54:48 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:22:23 +0000, °Mike°
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
>>the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
>>telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

>Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.

Actually, Mike.... Why bother.... Just hold your finger on ANY KEY and
don't let up till it gives you the message.... The net result is the
BIOS will complain about a key being stuck.... (Yeah, its stuck....
Stuck with my finger on it!)

Boomer

John H. Guillory <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:54:48 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:22:23 +0000, °Mike°
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Power off and remove the keyboard. Power back on (without
>>>the keyboard attached), and you should get a message
>>>telling you to press "so-and-so" to enter the BIOS.

>>Mike, This is why I pulled you out of the killfile.

> Actually, Mike.... Why bother.... Just hold your finger on ANY KEY
> and don't let up till it gives you the message.... The net result
> is the BIOS will complain about a key being stuck.... (Yeah, its
> stuck.... Stuck with my finger on it!)

Huh?

You replied to Harrison. The OP is John Bahran.