Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > switching users problem

switching users problem

Black Baptist

When I try to switch users using fast user switching I get bounced back to
the logon screen, anyone know a fix? Logoff 1st user and Logon 2nd user
works. All reg info as far as I know is correct as well as services.

MrToad

Black Baptist <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and shouted

> When I try to switch users using fast user switching I get bounced
> back to the logon screen, anyone know a fix? Logoff 1st user and Logon
> 2nd user works. All reg info as far as I know is correct as well as
> services.

This might help:
http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com...?threadid=7906

--
MrToad

John Wood

"MrToad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Black Baptist <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and shouted
>
> > When I try to switch users using fast user switching I get bounced
> > back to the logon screen, anyone know a fix? Logoff 1st user and Logon
> > 2nd user works. All reg info as far as I know is correct as well as
> > services.
> >

> This might help:
> http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com...?threadid=7906
>
> --
> MrToad

If this doesn't work, check how much system memory you have available.
Micro$oft says you need a minimum of 256mb to use fast user switching. If
you have 256mb and an onboard video card, then this will use up memory and
fast user switching may not work. Hope this helps.

Black Baptist

John Wood rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>"MrToad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Black Baptist <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and shouted
>>
>> > When I try to switch users using fast user switching I get bounced
>> > back to the logon screen, anyone know a fix? Logoff 1st user and Logon
>> > 2nd user works. All reg info as far as I know is correct as well as
>> > services.
>> >

>> This might help:
>> http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com...?threadid=7906
>>
>> --
>> MrToad

> If this doesn't work, check how much system memory you have available.
> Micro$oft says you need a minimum of 256mb to use fast user switching.

If
> you have 256mb and an onboard video card, then this will use up memory

and
> fast user switching may not work. Hope this helps.

It's 128 megs required and I have 1 gig and my event logs aren't full, and
term service is running.

Black Baptist

John Wood rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>"MrToad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Black Baptist <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and shouted
>>
>> > When I try to switch users using fast user switching I get bounced
>> > back to the logon screen, anyone know a fix? Logoff 1st user and Logon
>> > 2nd user works. All reg info as far as I know is correct as well as
>> > services.
>> >

>> This might help:
>> http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com...?threadid=7906
>>
>> --
>> MrToad

> If this doesn't work, check how much system memory you have available.
> Micro$oft says you need a minimum of 256mb to use fast user switching. If
> you have 256mb and an onboard video card, then this will use up memory and
> fast user switching may not work. Hope this helps.

Also I don't get any error messages what so ever in the event logs.

Liz

"Black Baptist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [...]

Not sure if this is any help but I just saw this article.

Why WinXP Fast User Switching doesn't work
http://www.zdnet.com.au/reviews/soft...0282798,00.htm

A Discussion About the Availability of the Fast User Switching Feature

Black Baptist

Liz rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

Logon

> Not sure if this is any help but I just saw this article.
>
> Why WinXP Fast User Switching doesn't work
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/reviews/soft...0282798,00.htm
>
> A Discussion About the Availability of the Fast User Switching Feature
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;294739

Checked the links none of it was any help. Thanks