Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Changing program owner's name?

Changing program owner's name?

Kenny Cargill

Am passing current PC down to my daughter. Using this:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm
I can change XP's registered owner name from me to her. Question is how can
I change the registered owner name of the various software installed?

--

Kenny

"Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

°Mike°

In most cases, you probably can't. You may be able to uninstall
and reinstall some software, which will take the Windows 'Registered
owner' as the registered name.

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:24:02 -0000, in
<bup7su$km5tm$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Kenny Cargill scrawled:

>Am passing current PC down to my daughter. Using this:
>http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm
>I can change XP's registered owner name from me to her. Question is how can
>I change the registered owner name of the various software installed?

--
Basic computer maintenance

Kenny Cargill

Thought as much, not a big deal anyway.

--

Kenny

"Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In most cases, you probably can't. You may be able to uninstall
> and reinstall some software, which will take the Windows 'Registered
> owner' as the registered name.
>

> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:24:02 -0000, in
> <bup7su$km5tm$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
> Kenny Cargill scrawled:
>
> >Am passing current PC down to my daughter. Using this:
> >http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm
> >I can change XP's registered owner name from me to her. Question is how

can
> >I change the registered owner name of the various software installed?

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

John H. Guillory

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:31:04 -0000, "Kenny Cargill" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Thought as much, not a big deal anyway.

Besides, some software is NON-TRANSFERABLE..., meaning it stays
licensed to you, other software can be transferred if you pay a
transfer fee and fill out a form with the manufacture, and some is
assumed to be transferred.... It all depends on the type of software
and their license policy, etc... How it was bought (retail vs. oem vs.
via web....)