Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > anybody ever flash bios on fa13 mobo?

anybody ever flash bios on fa13 mobo?

mightfly riteby

got a prollem - hope someone's been dare dun dat and can
share:

got the files, got the boot disk, got the files pumped onto
the boot disk, file properties are "archive" so that's ok

it's on a windows xp pro carburetor, if that makes a diff on
the dos command sintaxes

whine i boot to floppy, "A:\>" and i type the command in the
screen just gives me a "improper command" error message

the files are flash625.exe and 615j900.bin

i did it exactly like the material said, and then tried an
alternate like this:

A:\> flash625 615j900.bin

A:\> flash625 615j900.bin /Py /Sn

<<she ain't having none of that, sos i tries this:>>

A:\> flash625 a:\615j900.bin

A:\> flash625 a:\615j900.bin /Py /Sn

<<uhhh uhhh, not happinin'- nun of dat>>

so, i looks really hard at the sledge hammer and thinks, naww
maybe someone will know

i'm thinkin it's something way too obvious to see or my
glasses,,, no, don't wear glasses

can someone help, please?

many thank you's for sharing if you kan and do

Prognosticator

"mightfly riteby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> got a prollem - hope someone's been dare dun dat and can
> share:
>
> got the files, got the boot disk, got the files pumped onto
> the boot disk, file properties are "archive" so that's ok
>
> it's on a windows xp pro carburetor, if that makes a diff on
> the dos command sintaxes
>
> whine i boot to floppy, "A:\>" and i type the command in the
> screen just gives me a "improper command" error message
>
> the files are flash625.exe and 615j900.bin
>
> i did it exactly like the material said, and then tried an
> alternate like this:
>
> A:\> flash625 615j900.bin
>
> A:\> flash625 615j900.bin /Py /Sn
>
> <<she ain't having none of that, sos i tries this:>>
>
> A:\> flash625 a:\615j900.bin
>
> A:\> flash625 a:\615j900.bin /Py /Sn
>
> <<uhhh uhhh, not happinin'- nun of dat>>
>
> so, i looks really hard at the sledge hammer and thinks, naww
> maybe someone will know
>
> i'm thinkin it's something way too obvious to see or my
> glasses,,, no, don't wear glasses
>
> can someone help, please?
>
> many thank you's for sharing if you kan and do

Try just typing in flash625 at the command prompt and see what happens.

ICee

mightfly riteby wrote:
> got a prollem - hope someone's been dare dun dat and can
> share:
>
> got the files, got the boot disk, got the files pumped onto
> the boot disk, file properties are "archive" so that's ok
>
> it's on a windows xp pro carburetor, if that makes a diff on
> the dos command sintaxes
>
> whine i boot to floppy, "A:\>" and i type the command in the
> screen just gives me a "improper command" error message
>
> the files are flash625.exe and 615j900.bin
>
> i did it exactly like the material said, and then tried an
> alternate like this:
>
> A:\> flash625 615j900.bin
>
> A:\> flash625 615j900.bin /Py /Sn
>
> <<she ain't having none of that, sos i tries this:>>
>
> A:\> flash625 a:\615j900.bin
>
> A:\> flash625 a:\615j900.bin /Py /Sn
>
> <<uhhh uhhh, not happinin'- nun of dat>>
>
> so, i looks really hard at the sledge hammer and thinks, naww
> maybe someone will know
>
> i'm thinkin it's something way too obvious to see or my
> glasses,,, no, don't wear glasses
>
> can someone help, please?
>
> many thank you's for sharing if you kan and do

Did you copy system files to the floppy?

Douglas Adams

Prognosticator

<snip>

> Did you copy system files to the floppy?

He wouldn't have been able to boot up with the floppy in the first instance.

> --
> "I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."
> Douglas Adams

ICee

Prognosticator wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Did you copy system files to the floppy?

> He wouldn't have been able to boot up with the floppy in the first
> instance.

Doh! Not thinking here, sorry.

A:\> flash625 615j900.bin and A:\> flash625 615j900.bin /Py /Sn, both
should have worked, if they are the correct files.

Billy

You may want to turn off the BIOS guardian first.
From the FIC site.
note:
If the "unknown flash" error occurs, the "BIOS Guardian" feature should
be disabled. This feature is supported by the latest FIC 1stMainboards
which have NOVUS functionality. Older models do not support NOVUS.

BIOS Guardian is enabled by default on 1stMainboard products that
support the feature. BIOS Guardian protects the system against computer
viruses that can attack BIOS while the system is running. Therefore,
users must disable the BIOS Guardian before reflashing the BIOS. To
configure BIOS Guardian, reboot the system while holding the "DEL" key
after power on until the CMOS setup screen appears, go to Advanced BIOS
Features and select BIOS Guardian option select 'disable' or 'enable'.
After successfully updating the new BIOS, it is recommended that BIOS
Guardian is re-enabled for added virus protection.