Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Linux Users Infos!!!!

Linux Users Infos!!!!

Micio

If You are aware of the bugs then skip this Post.
If not You could try to link to:
(http://securityresponse.symantec.com/ )
Once You are on the web page, on the right site menu
click on: Linux Kernel do_mremap function............
Hope I not going to have my wine spilled all over for this
Post !
Feedbacks are Welcome! Cheers Micio.

Boomer

"Micio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> If You are aware of the bugs then skip this Post.
> If not You could try to link to:
> (http://securityresponse.symantec.com/ )
> Once You are on the web page, on the right site menu
> click on: Linux Kernel do_mremap function............
> Hope I not going to have my wine spilled all over for this
> Post !
> Feedbacks are Welcome! Cheers Micio.

Thank you, Micio.

No wine will be spilled.

B.Al.Zeebub

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:27:10 -0600, Micio pecked at a keyboard in panic:

> If You are aware of this lame fud then skip this Post.

Searched the web for microsoft + security + flaws.
B.Al.Zeebub
Registered Linux User #339345
Defenestrate Windows!

Micio

"B.Al.Zeebub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bunc6a$jm1mu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:27:10 -0600, Micio pecked at a keyboard

in panic:

> > If You are aware of this lame fud then skip this Post.

> Searched the web for microsoft + security + flaws.
> Results 1 - 10 of about 342,000. Search took 0.30 seconds.
> --
> B.Al.Zeebub
> Registered Linux User #339345
> Defenestrate Windows!

Hello B.AI.Zeebub !!
I was not panicking the truth is I have Windows XP home
and as we all know Windows is not bugproof as Linux is,
and I was browsing on the web to lern more about Linux
and by reading I found Symantec link I visited the website
and I thought to let Linux Users know about It so they can
protect themselves.
Could You please post the link You used to search for
Microsoft + security + flaws. I promise I will visit that website
also . Thanks for Your input . Micio

Boomer

"Micio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:400f67d8$(E-Mail Removed):

> "B.Al.Zeebub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bunc6a$jm1mu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:27:10 -0600, Micio pecked at a keyboard

> in panic:
>>
>> > If You are aware of this lame fud then skip this Post.

>> Searched the web for microsoft + security + flaws.

He did! See above.

Go to Google and type in (JUST like below)
microsoft + security + flaws

And please DON'T change the subject line unless the subject really
changes to another topic!

>> Results 1 - 10 of about 342,000. Search took 0.30 seconds.
>> --
>> B.Al.Zeebub
>> Registered Linux User #339345
>> Defenestrate Windows!
>>==========================================

> Hello B.AI.Zeebub !!
> I was not panicking the truth is I have Windows XP home
> and as we all know Windows is not bugproof as Linux is,
> and I was browsing on the web to lern more about Linux
> and by reading I found Symantec link I visited the website
> and I thought to let Linux Users know about It so they can
> protect themselves.
> Could You please post the link You used to search for
> Microsoft + security + flaws. I promise I will visit that website
> also . Thanks for Your input . Micio

B.Al.Zeebub

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:04:03 -0600, Micio pecked at a keyboard in panic:
> Hello B.AI.Zeebub !!
> I was not panicking the truth is I have Windows XP home
> and as we all know Windows is not bugproof as Linux is,
> and I was browsing on the web to lern more about Linux
> and by reading I found Symantec link I visited the website
> and I thought to let Linux Users know about It so they can
> protect themselves.
> Could You please post the link You used to search for
> Microsoft + security + flaws. I promise I will visit that website
> also . Thanks for Your input . Micio

Apologies Micio, I thought you were one of those lamentable win-trolls.
I've included a few links that might get you pointed in the right
direction. I'd reccommend getting a 'live CD' version first to see if you
like it. Good luck!

Listed in no particular order, Linux vendors whose distributions are user
friendly or have good hardware support out of the box.

http://www.suse.com/us/
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/
http://www.fedora.us/
http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/news/
http://www.knoppix.net/
http://www.ibiblio.org/peanut/
--
B.Al.Zeebub
Registered Linux User #339345
Defenestrate Windows!

William Poaster

It was on Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:23:06 +1100, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that B.Al.Zeebub wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:27:10 -0600, Micio pecked at a keyboard in panic:
>
>> If You are aware of this lame fud then skip this Post.

> Searched the web for microsoft + security + flaws. Results 1 - 10 of about
> 342,000. Search took 0.30 seconds.

It's an old linux security warning anyway - Discovered, January 5th/04.
And Symantec aren't the brightest bunch on the block, as they even
included test kernels for 2.6!! LOL

--
Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
Using linux at home, since 1998

Micio

news:400f6e9d$0$165$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> "Micio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:400f67d8$(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "B.Al.Zeebub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bunc6a$jm1mu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> >> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:27:10 -0600, Micio pecked at a

keyboard
> > in panic:

> >> Searched the web for microsoft + security + flaws.

> He did! See above.
>
> Go to Google and type in (JUST like below)
> microsoft + security + flaws

Thanks! I shall do. Micio

====================================

> >> Results 1 - 10 of about 342,000. Search took 0.30 seconds.
> >> --
> >> B.Al.Zeebub
> >> Registered Linux User #339345
> >> Defenestrate Windows!
> >>==========================================

> > Hello B.AI.Zeebub !!
> > I was not panicking the truth is I have Windows XP home
> > and as we all know Windows is not bugproof as Linux is,
> > and I was browsing on the web to lern more about Linux
> > and by reading I found Symantec link I visited the website
> > and I thought to let Linux Users know about It so they can
> > protect themselves.
> > Could You please post the link You used to search for
> > Microsoft + security + flaws. I promise I will visit that

website
> > also . Thanks for Your input . Micio

Micio

"B.Al.Zeebub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:buo814$kbl2n$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:04:03 -0600, Micio pecked at a keyboard

in panic:
> > Hello B.AI.Zeebub !!
> > I was not panicking the truth is I have Windows XP home
> > and as we all know Windows is not bugproof as Linux is,
> > and I was browsing on the web to lern more about Linux
> > and by reading I found Symantec link I visited the website
> > and I thought to let Linux Users know about It so they can
> > protect themselves.
> > Could You please post the link You used to search for
> > Microsoft + security + flaws. I promise I will visit that

website
> > also . Thanks for Your input . Micio

> Apologies Micio, I thought you were one of those lamentable

win-trolls.
> I've included a few links that might get you pointed in the

right
> direction. I'd reccommend getting a 'live CD' version first to

see if you
> like it. Good luck!
>
> Listed in no particular order, Linux vendors whose

distributions are user
> friendly or have good hardware support out of the box.
>
> http://www.suse.com/us/
> http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/
> http://www.fedora.us/
> http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/news/
> http://www.knoppix.net/
> http://www.ibiblio.org/peanut/
> --
> B.Al.Zeebub
> Registered Linux User #339345
> Defenestrate Windows!

Hello Again !!
Thank You very much for the above links
They are on my hardcopy file, I do not trust them in
the computer folder in case of crashes.
As promised I searched (Microsoft+security+flaws )
through Google, as of today there are 143,000 Posts.
I read a few there is a mix complains, security patches,
and God knows the rest, I will pass the link to
other people I know who have Windows, but
no glass in it. Thanks again Micio.