Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can I retreive "permanently deleted files"

Can I retreive "permanently deleted files"

deet

I forgot I did not back up certain files to my large hard drive and
I stupidly deleted them from my smaller hard drive. I received
messages advising me that the files were too big for the recycle
(trash) bin, and the files must be deleted permanently. I was then
given the opportunity to check "yes" or "no". I checked yes,
momentarily forgetting I had not backed up the files . Is there
anyway for me to retreive those files?

My operating system is win98SE.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated. TIA
__
Deet

Harrison

If you have not written other data to the drive, then your chances are
pretty good.
You'll need a recovery utility.
http://www.recovermyfiles.com/
That's one of many.

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:31:08 GMT, deet wrote:

>I forgot I did not back up certain files to my large hard drive and
>I stupidly deleted them from my smaller hard drive. I received
>messages advising me that the files were too big for the recycle
>(trash) bin, and the files must be deleted permanently. I was then
>given the opportunity to check "yes" or "no". I checked yes,
>momentarily forgetting I had not backed up the files . Is there
>anyway for me to retreive those files?
>
>My operating system is win98SE.
>
>Your advice will be greatly appreciated. TIA
> __
> Deet

deet

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:44:29 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:

>If you have not written other data to the drive, then your chances are
>pretty good.
>You'll need a recovery utility.
>http://www.recovermyfiles.com/
>That's one of many.>
>On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:31:08 GMT, deet wrote:
>
>>I forgot I did not back up certain files to my large hard drive and
>>I stupidly deleted them from my smaller hard drive. I received
>>messages advising me that the files were too big for the recycle
>>(trash) bin, and the files must be deleted permanently. I was then
>>given the opportunity to check "yes" or "no". I checked yes,
>>momentarily forgetting I had not backed up the files . Is there
>>anyway for me to retreive those files?
>>
>>My operating system is win98SE.
>>
>>Your advice will be greatly appreciated. TIA
>> __
>> Deet

Thanks for the information Harrison. Unfortunately I did write some
additional data to the drive, but will try some recovery programs and
hope for the best.

__
deet

blackpkerstr blackpkerstr is offline
Junior Member

So then is paying necessary?

I'm currently running a recover with Recover My Files, it's been 30 minutes, and no luck so far.

My documents had all of 3 years of Photoshop work on it.
Plus many many other things.

Please tell me this is guaranteed fixable.

blackpkerstr blackpkerstr is offline
Junior Member

Oh for the love of-

So we do have to pay then? (I thoroughly read the site)

I've just lost all 3 years of hard work...

This happened, for some reason I don't understand, because I copied my Documents folder into D: as backup/ save space on C:, but later I looked back and saw it was unecessary. So I deleted, checking the yes to deleting permanently, OBVIOUSLY think it would only delete the copy in D:, but somehow it got deleted in C: too. I just don't get it.

I am extremely stressed at the moment...

blackpkerstr blackpkerstr is offline
Junior Member

I'm extremely sorry for the multiple posting, but why on earth am I being completely ignored.