Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Using a new (Slave) DVD writer with Nero

Using a new (Slave) DVD writer with Nero

AM

Hi

I have just installed a new dvd burner as the slave unit. I still have the
original dvd drive set up as master.

(The new dvd burner is a minus-writer, whereas the old one is a
plus-writer).

My problem is that Nero only shows the original dvd burner as being
available... I need it to allow me to select the new (slave) dvd burner as
the drive that I use to burn dvds.

Can anyone tell me how to configure Nero so that it lists this new drive as
being available?

thanks very much, Andrew

FeaolPlay

"AM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9fuPb.752$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I have just installed a new dvd burner as the slave unit. I still have the
> original dvd drive set up as master.
>
> (The new dvd burner is a minus-writer, whereas the old one is a
> plus-writer).
>
> My problem is that Nero only shows the original dvd burner as being
> available... I need it to allow me to select the new (slave) dvd burner as
> the drive that I use to burn dvds.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to configure Nero so that it lists this new drive

as
> being available?
>
> thanks very much, Andrew

Depending on which version of Nero you are using, it will let you choose
which device to record with. In Nero v6, click on Recorder > Choose
Recorder then select your DVD-RW drive and click OK. I'm pretty sure it's
the same with Nero 5 also.

AM

Thanks - but that's is actually my problem: the list of available drives to
select does not include my new dvd writer and there is no obvious way to add
a new drive to the list...

"FeaolPlay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "AM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:9fuPb.752$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> >
> > I have just installed a new dvd burner as the slave unit. I still have

the
> > original dvd drive set up as master.
> >
> > (The new dvd burner is a minus-writer, whereas the old one is a
> > plus-writer).
> >
> > My problem is that Nero only shows the original dvd burner as being
> > available... I need it to allow me to select the new (slave) dvd burner

as
> > the drive that I use to burn dvds.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to configure Nero so that it lists this new drive

> as
> > being available?
> >
> > thanks very much, Andrew
> >

> Depending on which version of Nero you are using, it will let you choose
> which device to record with. In Nero v6, click on Recorder > Choose
> Recorder then select your DVD-RW drive and click OK. I'm pretty sure it's
> the same with Nero 5 also.

Total Demon

i dunno if this is any use but

is your nero up to date i had an old version 5.5 and it didnt detect my
drives until i updated then they appeared under the recorder section. check
out the nero website for updates i think it is www.nero.com also on there
there should be a list of supported recorders. maybe worth having a look to
see if yours is supported.

"AM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vYuPb.789$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks - but that's is actually my problem: the list of available drives

> select does not include my new dvd writer and there is no obvious way to

add
> a new drive to the list...
>

> "FeaolPlay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "AM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:9fuPb.752$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have just installed a new dvd burner as the slave unit. I still have

> the
> > > original dvd drive set up as master.
> > >
> > > (The new dvd burner is a minus-writer, whereas the old one is a
> > > plus-writer).
> > >
> > > My problem is that Nero only shows the original dvd burner as being
> > > available... I need it to allow me to select the new (slave) dvd

burner
> as
> > > the drive that I use to burn dvds.
> > >
> > > Can anyone tell me how to configure Nero so that it lists this new

drive
> > as
> > > being available?
> > >
> > > thanks very much, Andrew
> > >

> > Depending on which version of Nero you are using, it will let you choose
> > which device to record with. In Nero v6, click on Recorder > Choose
> > Recorder then select your DVD-RW drive and click OK. I'm pretty sure

it's
> > the same with Nero 5 also.

AM

Great - thanks, that worked.