Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Home network problem

Reply
Thread Tools

Home network problem

 
 
Abbyss
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
Hi group!
I have a problem with my home network, I can't find my network (MSHOME)
anywhere. It disappeared a few month's ago, and now I can access my main
computer from another, but not access any other from the main computer.
Also, I have no firewall are in use when I'm trying to fix this.
Any help would be great.

Regards
Abbyss


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.563 / Virus Database: 355 - Release Date: 17.01.2004


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rifleman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
"Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:91YOb.30890$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi group!
> I have a problem with my home network, I can't find my network (MSHOME)
> anywhere. It disappeared a few month's ago, and now I can access my main
> computer from another, but not access any other from the main computer.
> Also, I have no firewall are in use when I'm trying to fix this.
> Any help would be great.
>
> Regards
> Abbyss
>


It would be helpful if you gave us some more info:
Like what OS's are you using? Peer-to-Peer or Domain?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Abbyss
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
Sorry!
I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to another
computer, no HUB or similar.

Regards
Abbyss

"Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:buhiti$h2dlf$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:91YOb.30890$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi group!
> > I have a problem with my home network, I can't find my network (MSHOME)
> > anywhere. It disappeared a few month's ago, and now I can access my main
> > computer from another, but not access any other from the main computer.
> > Also, I have no firewall are in use when I'm trying to fix this.
> > Any help would be great.
> >
> > Regards
> > Abbyss
> >

>
> It would be helpful if you gave us some more info:
> Like what OS's are you using? Peer-to-Peer or Domain?
>
>



---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.563 / Virus Database: 355 - Release Date: 17.01.2004


 
Reply With Quote
 
Rifleman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
"Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RHYOb.30893$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry!
> I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to another
> computer, no HUB or similar.
>
> Regards
> Abbyss
>
> "Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message


Try running the Network Wizard again.....


 
Reply With Quote
 
Abbyss
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
I have done that a 1000 times...(ok, 10 times)
All I have in "My Network Places" are:
Entire Network, Microsoft Terminal Services and Web Client Network.
Computers near me or/and MS Windows Network are gone..

Regards
Abbyss

"Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:buhlc1$i9qit$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:RHYOb.30893$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Sorry!
> > I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to another
> > computer, no HUB or similar.
> >
> > Regards
> > Abbyss
> >
> > "Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>
> Try running the Network Wizard again.....
>
>



---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.563 / Virus Database: 355 - Release Date: 17.01.2004


 
Reply With Quote
 
Rifleman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
"Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RVYOb.30894$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have done that a 1000 times...(ok, 10 times)
> All I have in "My Network Places" are:
> Entire Network, Microsoft Terminal Services and Web Client Network.
> Computers near me or/and MS Windows Network are gone..
>
> Regards
> Abbyss
>
> "Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:buhlc1$i9qit$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > "Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:RHYOb.30893$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Sorry!
> > > I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to another
> > > computer, no HUB or similar.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Abbyss
> > >
> > > "Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >
> > Try running the Network Wizard again.....
> >
> >

>
>
> ---
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.563 / Virus Database: 355 - Release Date: 17.01.2004
>
>


What happens when you click on "Entire Network" can you actually see the
machines on your network?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jimmy Dean
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:31:49 GMT, "Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi group!
>I have a problem with my home network, I can't find my network (MSHOME)
>anywhere. It disappeared a few month's ago, and now I can access my main
>computer from another, but not access any other from the main computer.
>Also, I have no firewall are in use when I'm trying to fix this.
>Any help would be great.
>
>Regards
>Abbyss


No use now but you should have run System Restore pronto at the time.

If Network Wizard fails to fix things, you could try removing all
network components (Clients for MS networks, TCP/IP etc ), rebooting
and reinstalling. My 2 bits...

jd
 
Reply With Quote
 
Abbyss
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
No, that's my problem, I can't see any machines on my network, I can't even
see my own machine. And I have no idea how this happened. Thank you for your
help so far.

Regards
Abbyss


"Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:buhmd8$goecu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:RVYOb.30894$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have done that a 1000 times...(ok, 10 times)
> > All I have in "My Network Places" are:
> > Entire Network, Microsoft Terminal Services and Web Client Network.
> > Computers near me or/and MS Windows Network are gone..
> >
> > Regards
> > Abbyss
> >
> > "Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:buhlc1$i9qit$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > > "Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:RHYOb.30893$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > Sorry!
> > > > I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to

another
> > > > computer, no HUB or similar.
> > > >
> > > > Regards
> > > > Abbyss
> > > >
> > > > "Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Try running the Network Wizard again.....
> > >
> > >

> >
> >
> > ---
> > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> > Version: 6.0.563 / Virus Database: 355 - Release Date: 17.01.2004
> >
> >

>
> What happens when you click on "Entire Network" can you actually see the
> machines on your network?
>
>



---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.563 / Virus Database: 355 - Release Date: 17.01.2004


 
Reply With Quote
 
Harrison
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:17:21 GMT, "Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Sorry!
>I'm using Windows XP Professional, and connecting directly to another
>computer, no HUB or similar.


How are you connecting multiple computers with "no HUB or similar"?
If it's a direct connection (one pc to another), you'll need a
crossover cable instead of a standard straight cable.

>
>Regards
>Abbyss
>
>"Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:buhiti$h2dlf$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> "Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:91YOb.30890$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi group!
>> > I have a problem with my home network, I can't find my network (MSHOME)
>> > anywhere. It disappeared a few month's ago, and now I can access my main
>> > computer from another, but not access any other from the main computer.
>> > Also, I have no firewall are in use when I'm trying to fix this.
>> > Any help would be great.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Abbyss
>> >

>>
>> It would be helpful if you gave us some more info:
>> Like what OS's are you using? Peer-to-Peer or Domain?
>>
>>

>
>
>---
>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
>Version: 6.0.563 / Virus Database: 355 - Release Date: 17.01.2004
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Abbyss
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-19-2004
Hi!

Thank you for your replay.


Regards
Abbyss

"Jimmy Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:31:49 GMT, "Abbyss" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi group!
> >I have a problem with my home network, I can't find my network (MSHOME)
> >anywhere. It disappeared a few month's ago, and now I can access my main
> >computer from another, but not access any other from the main computer.
> >Also, I have no firewall are in use when I'm trying to fix this.
> >Any help would be great.
> >
> >Regards
> >Abbyss

>
> No use now but you should have run System Restore pronto at the time.
>
> If Network Wizard fails to fix things, you could try removing all
> network components (Clients for MS networks, TCP/IP etc ), rebooting
> and reinstalling. My 2 bits...
>
> jd



---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.563 / Virus Database: 355 - Release Date: 17.01.2004


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
home and office computers in home network swirvine Wireless Networking 0 07-04-2008 07:37 AM
Home network with XP Home and XP Pro =?Utf-8?B?ZG1raGVybg==?= Wireless Networking 1 09-04-2006 12:42 AM
Home Network Troubles using Windows XP Network Setup Wizard =?Utf-8?B?RHJlZA==?= Wireless Networking 6 08-05-2005 02:06 PM
Home Network - XP Home Edition and Windows 2000 =?Utf-8?B?UEFS?= Wireless Networking 1 12-30-2004 09:40 PM
Set up home a home or small office network!!!! Chris Jardine Computer Support 2 04-06-2004 02:28 AM



Advertisments