Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > website gets stuck when opening

website gets stuck when opening

geopelia

I have a mini golf game saved on Favourites, and on the original email to
me.
I used to be able to open it from either place.

Now whichever I click on, it just gets stuck, the X keeps turning and the
blue line gets about a third of the way but no further. I've tried clicking
Refresh. History has been cleared so it won't be there.
Other Favourites and emails are working normally.

Windows ME, Outlook Express 5.5
Any ideas please? (nothing too technical thanks).
Geopelia

°Mike°

A link to the website might help.

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:00:32 +1300, in
<OwXOb.17391$(E-Mail Removed)>
geopelia scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

geopelia

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A link to the website might help.

The website is http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter...r/miniputt.swf

If it had been removed, there would be the usual "website is not available"
page, but that isn't there. Just a blank where nothing appears. I left it
for about five minutes, it should have arrived by then.
Geopelia

> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:00:32 +1300, in
> <OwXOb.17391$(E-Mail Removed)>
> geopelia scrawled:
>
> >I have a mini golf game saved on Favourites, and on the original email to
> >me.
> >I used to be able to open it from either place.
> >
> > Now whichever I click on, it just gets stuck, the X keeps turning and

the
> >blue line gets about a third of the way but no further. I've tried

clicking
> >Refresh. History has been cleared so it won't be there.
> >Other Favourites and emails are working normally.
> >
> >Windows ME, Outlook Express 5.5
> >Any ideas please? (nothing too technical thanks).
> >Geopelia
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

ICee

geopelia wrote:
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> A link to the website might help.

> The website is
> http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter...r/miniputt.swf
>
> If it had been removed, there would be the usual "website is not
> available" page, but that isn't there. Just a blank where nothing
> appears. I left it for about five minutes, it should have arrived by
> then.
> Geopelia

the .swf indicates it uses Macromedia Flash. You'll have to (re)install
it.

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/...ShockwaveFlash

Shorter link http://tinyurl.com/3tuy

>> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:00:32 +1300, in
>> <OwXOb.17391$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> geopelia scrawled:
>>
>>> I have a mini golf game saved on Favourites, and on the original
>>> email to me.
>>> I used to be able to open it from either place.
>>>
>>> Now whichever I click on, it just gets stuck, the X keeps turning
>>> and the blue line gets about a third of the way but no further.
>>> I've tried clicking Refresh. History has been cleared so it won't
>>> be there.
>>> Other Favourites and emails are working normally.
>>>
>>> Windows ME, Outlook Express 5.5
>>> Any ideas please? (nothing too technical thanks).
>>> Geopelia
>>>

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Douglas Adams

geopelia

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/...rod_Version=Sh
ockwaveFlash

> Shorter link http://tinyurl.com/3tuy

Thank you. I installed Macromedia Flash from the link, which was successful,
but the game still won't arrive. It gets half way and sticks, though the X
is still turning. It should surely get here within five minutes, shouldn't
it?
I've tried restarting the computer, no luck.

Looks like the Minigolfer is stuck in a bunker! Tiger where are you?
Geopelia

> >> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:00:32 +1300, in
> >> <OwXOb.17391$(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> geopelia scrawled:

> >> --
> >> Basic computer maintenance

> "I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."
> Douglas Adams

ICee

geopelia wrote:
> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> geopelia wrote:
>>> "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> The website is
>>> http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter...r/miniputt.swf
>>>
>>> If it had been removed, there would be the usual "website is not
>>> available" page, but that isn't there. Just a blank where nothing
>>> appears. I left it for about five minutes, it should have arrived by
>>> then.
>>> Geopelia

>> the .swf indicates it uses Macromedia Flash. You'll have to
>> (re)install it.

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/...rod_Version=Sh
> ockwaveFlash
>>
>> Shorter link http://tinyurl.com/3tuy

> Thank you. I installed Macromedia Flash from the link, which was
> successful, but the game still won't arrive. It gets half way and
> sticks, though the X is still turning. It should surely get here
> within five minutes, shouldn't it?
> I've tried restarting the computer, no luck.
>
> Looks like the Minigolfer is stuck in a bunker! Tiger where are you?
> Geopelia

It's a 845 KB file. It will take a while to load if you're using a dial
up connection.

Gary G. Taylor

geopelia wrote:

> The website is http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter...r/miniputt.swf

Deceptive course. I breezed through the first 16 holes, then tanked 17 and
18--those are HARD. Ended up 1 under for the whole course despite an 8 on
17 and a 9 on 18.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

Boomer

"ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> geopelia wrote:
>> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> the .swf indicates it uses Macromedia Flash. You'll have to
>>> (re)install it.
>>>

> http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/....cgi?P1_Prod_V
> ersion=Sh
>> ockwaveFlash
>>>
>>> Shorter link http://tinyurl.com/3tuy

>> Thank you. I installed Macromedia Flash from the link, which was
>> successful, but the game still won't arrive. It gets half way and
>> sticks, though the X is still turning. It should surely get here
>> within five minutes, shouldn't it?
>> I've tried restarting the computer, no luck.
>>
>> Looks like the Minigolfer is stuck in a bunker! Tiger where are
>> you? Geopelia

> It's a 845 KB file. It will take a while to load if you're using
> a dial up connection.

I just tried it, on dialup here, and it took about 3 minutes.
Found it on my HDD and played off line.
Got a 56.

Boomer

"Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:yn0Pb.13269$(E-Mail Removed). com:

> geopelia wrote:
>
>> The website is
>> http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter...r/miniputt.swf

> Deceptive course. I breezed through the first 16 holes, then
> tanked 17 and 18--those are HARD. Ended up 1 under for the whole
> course despite an 8 on 17 and a 9 on 18.

The 18th hole is a tough one, thats for sure.

ICee

Boomer wrote:
> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> geopelia wrote:
>>> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/....cgi?P1_Prod_V
>> ersion=Sh
>>> ockwaveFlash

>>> Thank you. I installed Macromedia Flash from the link, which was
>>> successful, but the game still won't arrive. It gets half way and
>>> sticks, though the X is still turning. It should surely get here
>>> within five minutes, shouldn't it?
>>> I've tried restarting the computer, no luck.
>>>
>>> Looks like the Minigolfer is stuck in a bunker! Tiger where are
>>> you? Geopelia

>> It's a 845 KB file. It will take a while to load if you're using
>> a dial up connection.

> I just tried it, on dialup here, and it took about 3 minutes.
> Found it on my HDD and played off line.
> Got a 56.

Thanks for that, Boomer. I wasn't sure how long it would take, since
it's been over a year since I've used a dial up connection. He must
have another problem then.

Douglas Adams