Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > oe6 large files

oe6 large files

George

I use OE6 and have the checkbox to breakup files larger than 500mb. It
works perfectly for everything except executeables. It breaks up the files
but the receiving end does not get part one so it can't be put back
together. Is there another checkbox that will allow executeables to be
sent? TIA

Thorkild Dalsgaard

"George" wrote
> I use OE6 and have the checkbox to breakup files larger than 500mb. It
> works perfectly for everything except executeables. It breaks up the files
> but the receiving end does not get part one so it can't be put back
> together. Is there another checkbox that will allow executeables to be
> sent?

A workaround could be to rename .exe files to .eex before sending
and instruct the user to rename back.
(I think it is a security issue in Outlook Express)

Regards
Thorkild Dalsgaard

°Mike°

Zip the file up before sending.