Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > search engine/home page hi-jacked

search engine/home page hi-jacked

?

Can someone tell me how to get rid of an interloping search engine?
Something called wwwcoolsearch has hi-jacked my machine! Also, my home page
gets hi-jacked now and then, is there a way to prevent this happening?
Win XP home ed.

Thank you

Harrison

Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
dialers.
The third one will protect your system from further infection by such
diseases.

Download and run hijackthis from http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
and paste the results here for further review.

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:59:12 -0000, "?" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can someone tell me how to get rid of an interloping search engine?
>Something called wwwcoolsearch has hi-jacked my machine! Also, my home page
>gets hi-jacked now and then, is there a way to prevent this happening?
>Win XP home ed.
>
>Thank you

°Mike°

CWShredder

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:59:12 -0000, in
<400c1aef$0$16728$(E-Mail Removed)>
? scrawled:

>Can someone tell me how to get rid of an interloping search engine?
>Something called wwwcoolsearch has hi-jacked my machine! Also, my home page
>gets hi-jacked now and then, is there a way to prevent this happening?
>Win XP home ed.
>
>Thank you

Basic computer maintenance