Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,

HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,

****easyGOING

HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

Rifleman

"****easyGOING" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

Boot from the XP CD and follow the instructions for a new install,
formatting the HDD on the way.....

John Holmes

****easyGOING came up with this:

> HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

Look here, it's the best I could find.
http://nolte-net.de/en/article/lego_disk.html

--
Somebody is watching you.

-John Holmes-

Senti

****easyGOING did mumble zITOb.99904$8H.144946@attbi_s03...

> HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

Could you be a little more specific on what you mean by "CLEAN OUT"?
--
~SF~
To make a man happy, fill his hands with work. -Frederick E. Crane

Senti

John Holmes did mumble Xns9475B860D8F53johnanonymouscunt@192.168.0.101...

> ****easyGOING came up with this:
>
>> HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned
>>

> Look here, it's the best I could find.
> http://nolte-net.de/en/article/lego_disk.html

"The lego team removes the data smut with normal household steelwool. (What
kind of data might that has been? tsk tsk)"

Heh
--
~SF~
There's a difference between a philosophy and a bumper sticker.

Harrison

YoU FOrmaT it

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:36:47 GMT, "****easyGOING" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

°Mike°

Basic computer maintenance

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:36:47 GMT, in
<zITOb.99904$8H.144946@attbi_s03>
****easyGOING scrawled:

>HOW do I CLEAN OUT my harddrive,,,I have XPpro &partitioned

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Professor

You can always get rid of certain files such as temp files and temporary
internet files but it also pays to defrag and scandisk at least once a week.
Otherwise the only thing to do is delete files you really don't need and
uninstall programs that you don't use anymore. Also Outlook express saves
attatchments in emails that you might have already downloaded to a file you
can delete these as well as any mail in folders that you don't really need.
You can also burn data files or image files that you don't access all the
time to a cd and delete the ones on the hard drive. If you downloaded
programs from the internet that you have installed you can burn the
downloaded file to a cd and delete the one on the hard drive.