Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook express

Outlook express

steve L

I have win xp pro on my system ,when i click on outlook the splash screen is
on the desktop for way tooo long roughly 25 sec before it takes me into my
inbox ,is there a way to get rid of this welcome screen or can i reinstall
the express or.....should i use OUTLOOK from office xp?

Rifleman

"steve L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have win xp pro on my system ,when i click on outlook the splash screen

is
> on the desktop for way tooo long roughly 25 sec before it takes me into my
> inbox ,is there a way to get rid of this welcome screen or can i reinstall
> the express or.....should i use OUTLOOK from office xp?

Try here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/probl....htm#slowstart

David McEwan

I found a real improvement after I got rid of Messenger. It binds itself to
Outlook and Outlook Express. The blue splash screen is up for less than a
secxond now.

"steve L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have win xp pro on my system ,when i click on outlook the splash screen

is
> on the desktop for way tooo long roughly 25 sec before it takes me into my
> inbox ,is there a way to get rid of this welcome screen or can i reinstall
> the express or.....should i use OUTLOOK from office xp?

steve L

Thanks for the advice ...i got rid of messenger 4.7 ,that still didnt help i
use messenger 6.1 but i have it set so that only i open it when i want to .
"David McEwan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I found a real improvement after I got rid of Messenger. It binds itself

> Outlook and Outlook Express. The blue splash screen is up for less than a
> secxond now.
>
> "steve L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have win xp pro on my system ,when i click on outlook the splash

screen
> is
> > on the desktop for way tooo long roughly 25 sec before it takes me into

my
> > inbox ,is there a way to get rid of this welcome screen or can i

reinstall
> > the express or.....should i use OUTLOOK from office xp?

steve L

Hey great i removed it again said there was some lingering files ???..but it
starts in seconds now ....problem solved
"David McEwan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I found a real improvement after I got rid of Messenger. It binds itself

> Outlook and Outlook Express. The blue splash screen is up for less than a
> secxond now.
>
> "steve L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have win xp pro on my system ,when i click on outlook the splash

screen
> is
> > on the desktop for way tooo long roughly 25 sec before it takes me into

my
> > inbox ,is there a way to get rid of this welcome screen or can i

reinstall
> > the express or.....should i use OUTLOOK from office xp?

Richard

steve L wrote:

> Hey great i removed it again said there was some lingering files ???..but
> it starts in seconds now ....problem solved

One of the main reasons for slow starting, is due to the fact that the
system is looking all over the place for the information. When this happens,
it's time to defrag.
You can also speed things up by clearing out your OE cache files more often.
Set OE not to keep message bodies. Why do you need to keep them anyway
unless you save the message elsewhere?
Clean out your registry frequently.
A cleaner system means faster starting.