Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > reg editing

reg editing

Geoff

Whenever I try to add or change a key in the registry, it says "cannot
access registry". Occasionally however, when I have tried several times,
it appears to have been entered, i.e. if I close the registry editor and
re-open it, the key is still there. However, if I reboot the pc, the key
has gone again. I have used various registry editors and all give the same
problem.

I am using Win98se. Is it possible for the registry to have become locked
against editing somehow and if so, how do I unlock it again?

Many thanks,

Geoff.

Sano

- "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> - spluttered in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Whenever I try to add or change a key in the registry, it says
> "cannot access registry". Occasionally however, when I have tried
> several times, it appears to have been entered, i.e. if I close the
> registry editor and re-open it, the key is still there. However, if
> I reboot the pc, the key has gone again. I have used various registry
> editors and all give the same problem.
>
> I am using Win98se. Is it possible for the registry to have become
> locked against editing somehow and if so, how do I unlock it again?

I don't know what the hell you're doing, but I'd guess that some entries
have to go in Local Machine *and* Users.

--
"The true man wants two things: danger and play.
For that reason he wants woman, as the most

°Mike°

What keys are you trying to change?

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:56:46 -0000, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>