Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > address book in outlook 6

address book in outlook 6

Oops

I have a hard drive that is crashed . I then install a new hard drive and OS
.. I can still read the old hard drive as a slave . Would anyone please show
me where Outlook keep the address book folder . I want to get it from the
crashed HD.
TIA

Jay

"Oops" <phan65(DELETETHIS)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
newszKOb.38206$De.1277@edtnps84...
> I have a hard drive that is crashed . I then install a new hard drive and

OS
> . I can still read the old hard drive as a slave . Would anyone please

show
> me where Outlook keep the address book folder . I want to get it from the
> crashed HD.
> TIA

*try*
C:\Documents and Settings\<profile name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Address
Book

Failing that do a search on the HD for *.wab
wab is the extension for the outlook express address book.
I'm not 100% about Outlook but may be worth trying until a 100%'er comes
along.

Jay

Jay

"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NEKOb.16771$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Oops" <phan65(DELETETHIS)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> newszKOb.38206$De.1277@edtnps84...
> > I have a hard drive that is crashed . I then install a new hard drive

and
> OS
> > . I can still read the old hard drive as a slave . Would anyone please

> show
> > me where Outlook keep the address book folder . I want to get it from

the
> > crashed HD.
> > TIA

> *try*
> C:\Documents and Settings\<profile name>\Application

Data\Microsoft\Address
> Book
>
> Failing that do a search on the HD for *.wab
> wab is the extension for the outlook express address book.
> I'm not 100% about Outlook but may be worth trying until a 100%'er comes
> along.
>
> Jay

Oops, obviously, replacing C:\ with the drive letter of the slave.

Jay

Patrick

Oops wrote:
> I have a hard drive that is crashed . I then install a new hard drive
> and OS . I can still read the old hard drive as a slave . Would
> anyone please show me where Outlook keep the address book folder . I
> want to get it from the crashed HD.
> TIA

With WinXP-HE, I have in below directory, "Patrick.wab" and "Patrick.wa~"
C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\

Bay0Wulf

You should be able to find it by searching *.*.wab

"Oops" <phan65(DELETETHIS)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
newszKOb.38206$De.1277@edtnps84...
> I have a hard drive that is crashed . I then install a new hard drive and

OS
> . I can still read the old hard drive as a slave . Would anyone please

show
> me where Outlook keep the address book folder . I want to get it from the
> crashed HD.
> TIA

Oops

Thanks Jay I will try it