Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > BIOS showing wrong CPU Speed

BIOS showing wrong CPU Speed

Buffy

Asus A7V600 MBoard with latest BIOS
Athlon XP2400 thoroughbred CPU
512 MB PC2100 DDR Ram

The Bios is set to Auto but insists on picking the chip up at 2250Mhz and
not 2000Mhz. It also sets a CPU multiple of 22.5 and not 15

CPU Ext frequency is set at 100/33 and the Memory frequency is set at Auto.

I've had this problem before and can't remember how the hell I sorted it
out. The system isn't working as well as I think it should and I'm thinking
this wrong setting may be responsible.

Does anyone have any ideas

Thanks

MrToad

"Buffy" <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and
shouted news:bueonq$jqv$(E-Mail Removed):

> Asus A7V600 MBoard with latest BIOS
> Athlon XP2400 thoroughbred CPU
> 512 MB PC2100 DDR Ram
>
> The Bios is set to Auto but insists on picking the chip up at 2250Mhz
> and not 2000Mhz. It also sets a CPU multiple of 22.5 and not 15
>
> CPU Ext frequency is set at 100/33 and the Memory frequency is set at
> Auto.
>
> I've had this problem before and can't remember how the hell I sorted
> it out. The system isn't working as well as I think it should and I'm
> thinking this wrong setting may be responsible.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas
>
> Thanks

Use the manual setting and set the values where they are suppose to be?

--
MrToad

°Mike°

Set it to manual; change and save your settings on exit.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:01:59 -0000, in
<bueonq$jqv$(E-Mail Removed)>
Buffy scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Buffy

Two things. When I set it to manual and leave the other settings it seems to
completely mess things up.Sesond I just wanted to know why it wont pick up
the correct CPU speed. I've tried ASUS but they'll likely take a week to
answer, just thought someone here might know why because I like to know why
things don't work. Could it be a memory thing because I'm using oldish type
memory on a noard that can take FSB400??
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Set it to manual; change and save your settings on exit.
>

> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:01:59 -0000, in
> <bueonq$jqv$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Buffy scrawled:
>
> >Asus A7V600 MBoard with latest BIOS
> >Athlon XP2400 thoroughbred CPU
> >512 MB PC2100 DDR Ram
> >
> >The Bios is set to Auto but insists on picking the chip up at 2250Mhz and
> >not 2000Mhz. It also sets a CPU multiple of 22.5 and not 15
> >
> >CPU Ext frequency is set at 100/33 and the Memory frequency is set at

Auto.

> >I've had this problem before and can't remember how the hell I sorted it
> >out. The system isn't working as well as I think it should and I'm

thinking
> >this wrong setting may be responsible.
> >
> >Does anyone have any ideas
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Harrison

Your preferred forum would be alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:01:59 -0000, "Buffy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Asus A7V600 MBoard with latest BIOS
>Athlon XP2400 thoroughbred CPU
>512 MB PC2100 DDR Ram
>
>The Bios is set to Auto but insists on picking the chip up at 2250Mhz and
>not 2000Mhz. It also sets a CPU multiple of 22.5 and not 15
>
>CPU Ext frequency is set at 100/33 and the Memory frequency is set at Auto.
>
>I've had this problem before and can't remember how the hell I sorted it
>out. The system isn't working as well as I think it should and I'm thinking
>this wrong setting may be responsible.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas
>
>Thanks

Michael J. Apollyon

Buffy wrote:
> Asus A7V600 MBoard with latest BIOS
> Athlon XP2400 thoroughbred CPU
> 512 MB PC2100 DDR Ram
>
> The Bios is set to Auto but insists on picking the chip up at 2250Mhz and
> not 2000Mhz. It also sets a CPU multiple of 22.5 and not 15
>
> CPU Ext frequency is set at 100/33 and the Memory frequency is set at Auto.

Your "CPU Ext frequency" is set too low at 100 MHz. Thoroughbreds
should be at least 133 MHz.

°Mike°

I doubt if it's a memory issue. I would wait for an
authoritative answer from ASUS.

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:15:54 -0000, in
<buet2d$o64$(E-Mail Removed)>
Buffy scrawled: