Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Touch Pad Control

Touch Pad Control

Dave

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, as many of you do. Also the same thing
has happened on my work laptop, which is an IBM Thinkpad T40. When typing
on the laptop's keyboard, the touchpad detects sometimes the movement of
my hand and causes the cursor to move to other parts of the screen in
unpredictable ways.

Our IT group at work downloaded a utility from IBM which can disable the
touchpad. Believe me, this eliminates the problem. Has anyone ever seen
a similar utility for Toshiba laptops? I have looked in my laptop's
on-board help function as well as Toshiba's website, and so far have not
been able to find anything.

Trai' La Trash

Dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, as many of you do. Also the same
> thing has happened on my work laptop, which is an IBM Thinkpad T40.
> When typing on the laptop's keyboard, the touchpad detects sometimes
> the movement of my hand and causes the cursor to move to other parts
> of the screen in unpredictable ways.
>
> Our IT group at work downloaded a utility from IBM which can disable
> the touchpad. Believe me, this eliminates the problem. Has anyone
> ever seen a similar utility for Toshiba laptops? I have looked in my
> laptop's on-board help function as well as Toshiba's website, and so
> far have not been able to find anything.

LOL
I have the same problem on a Compaq,
Download the touchpad software here
http://www.synaptics.com/support/downloads.cfm
Then you can se the sensitivity on the touchpad.

Trai'