Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Administrative Tools in XP

Administrative Tools in XP

Dave Watson

Hi,

I'd like to be able to lock off administrative tools in XP in the control
panel, specifically the users and groups section in order to prevent users
changing the passwords etc and moving themselves in to other groups.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

TIA,

Dave.

°Mike°

Use TweakUI, from the Control Panel menu.
You must restrict TweakUI to your administrative
account, of course.
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:33:37 -0000, in
<59uOb.25438$(E-Mail Removed)9.net>
Dave Watson scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Miggsee

Set up "Limited" user accounts in the Control Panel > User Accounts.

"Dave Watson" <spammed.off@invalid> wrote in message
news:59uOb.25438$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to be able to lock off administrative tools in XP in the control
> panel, specifically the users and groups section in order to prevent users
> changing the passwords etc and moving themselves in to other groups.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction.
>
> TIA,
>
> Dave.

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Dave Watson" <spammed.off@invalid> wrote in message
news:59uOb.25438$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to be able to lock off administrative tools in XP in the control
> panel, specifically the users and groups section in order to prevent users
> changing the passwords etc and moving themselves in to other groups.

Don't allow that right to non-admins, and make sure that the other
users aren't in the administrator group.

RwP