Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > symantec

symantec

mark

please help i am trying to uninstall norton system works 2002 pro and i can
not get it off my computer i have tryed the method on the symantec web site
is there any software that can get it off my computer and out of my
registry?
Thanks mark

zaqona

"mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yIcOb.36882$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> please help i am trying to uninstall norton system works 2002 pro and i

can
> not get it off my computer i have tryed the method on the symantec web

site
> is there any software that can get it off my computer and out of my
> registry?
> Thanks mark
>
> Reload your system. This will get it out, lol

It does it good to have it done, every so often, any way.

°Mike°

How to use the Norton SystemWorks cleanup utility (SYMClean)

"SYMClean is designed to remove leftover NSW files and registry
entries that may be interfering with the NSW installation."

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:41:18 GMT, in
<yIcOb.36882$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com>
mark scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

LO&MsLO

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:02:47 -0000, "zaqona" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:yIcOb.36882$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
>> please help i am trying to uninstall norton system works 2002 pro and i

>can
>> not get it off my computer i have tryed the method on the symantec web

>site
>> is there any software that can get it off my computer and out of my
>> registry?
>> Thanks mark
>>
>> Reload your system. This will get it out, lol

>It does it good to have it done, every so often, any way.

If you look back I'm having the exact same problem. The SysClean was
useless for my problem. I followed all manual uninstall instructions
for NSW AND Norton's Utilities along with 14+ years Windows experience
plaing in .INI files and registries and there is still at least one
file in there that won't let loose.

John

John

JR

I have a similar problem. I installed nsw 2004 over nsw03 (user guide
says this will work), but it doesn't. Solution? Symclean.But, Symantec
says symclean is not designed to remove nsw/nav 2003, so they suggest
using Rnav2003. but, guess what?, that page says Rnav will not remove
nav if it was installed as part of nsw. So use symclean, but symclean
cannot ..... Get the picture? Help! Thanks.