Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Someone please help me!?

Someone please help me!?

rgmw

Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a
newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't
know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is
gone, so please tell me what I can do...please

please post but to email remove Spam e
--

you will see this posted as well to rec.models.scale because my husband
reads that group and I don't want him to miss any posts

William

Change Your Phone Number

Take out the Trash to Respond !

"rgmw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a
> newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't
> know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is
> gone, so please tell me what I can do...please
>
> please post but to email remove Spam e
> --
>
> you will see this posted as well to rec.models.scale because my husband
> reads that group and I don't want him to miss any posts

olfart

"rgmw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a
> newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't
> know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is
> gone, so please tell me what I can do...please
>
> please post but to email remove Spam e
> --

Give me your address and I'll come by and anwer the phone for you

Ionizer

"rgmw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a
> newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't
> know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is
> gone, so please tell me what I can do...please

You cannot "erase" that post and, although I was unable to locate it with a
cursory search, it will always exist in the Google Groups archive.

I'd guess that you made your mistake in a fairly recent post, though. This
post will soon become old enough that it drops off everybody's radar, and
the phone calls will probably stop as a result. If you want to shorten the
period of time this takes to happen, I'd strongly recommend that you not
post about this problem to the same newsgroup where you posted your personal
info- it will only attract more unwanted attention. Keep a low profile.
You may just be better off to not post to that group at all for a while.

If the phone calls are threatening in nature, you should immediately contact
the authorities. Changing your phone number will eliminate the calls of
course, but it won't eliminate the fact that the phone number in that post
can be linked fairly quickly to your home address. I say this not to scare
you but to encourage you to contact the authorities if people are being
nasty with you.

Regards,
Ian.

MIS

Are you good lookin?

"rgmw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a
> newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't
> know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is
> gone, so please tell me what I can do...please
>
> please post but to email remove Spam e
> --
>
> you will see this posted as well to rec.models.scale because my husband
> reads that group and I don't want him to miss any posts

SLP

"Ionizer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bu9fi9$ekhuc$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "rgmw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a
> > newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't
> > know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is
> > gone, so please tell me what I can do...please

> You cannot "erase" that post and, although I was unable to locate it with

> cursory search, it will always exist in the Google Groups archive.

Google Groups does allow you ro remove your posts, but messages from anyone
who has replied and quoted your post will remain.

See: http://www.google.co.uk/googlegroups/help.html#9

SLP

-= Hawk =-

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:50:54 -0400, rgmw <(E-Mail Removed)>
scribbled:

>Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a
>newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't
>know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is
>gone, so please tell me what I can do...please

You can reflect on how absolutely stupid it is to
give your personal information out on a public
newsgroup.

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

Spencer

It's her Husband calling, I can guarantee it!

Spence
Ps: I'm not her husband
If I was I wouldn't phone her, she probably gives me enough grief at home,
so why should I? It dosen't make sence, who can it be?
One thing for sure it's not me!

"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bu9cgg$f3rtk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> "rgmw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a
> > newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't
> > know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is
> > gone, so please tell me what I can do...please
> >
> > please post but to email remove Spam e
> > --
> >

> Give me your address and I'll come by and anwer the phone for you

jeroen

perhaps you can get your phone company to block those numbers ?
if not, i suggest you unplug your phone at night for a while, if that fails
i recommend you take a different number and......don't post it on public
again ?

jeroen